- The focal point of this room is now the distressed and colorful cabinet. Varying shades of blue throughout the space compliment it.
- Lighting is always key. We added a coordinating lamp and placed it high on the cabinet to create warm and soft lighting. Note that you don't have to use a child's lamp in the design. Choose one that you would place in a sophisticated living room. A playful room is best created with the addition of classic elements.
- Stacking books according to color and size always works to create cohesion and balance. You can always pair a book with plush animals, connecting the whimsical world with the physical.
- A large green plant brings the outside in and breathes life into a room.
- A comfy throw can not only be a source of warmth and comfort, but a focal point of style. Resist the urge to fold it and just drape it over a chair or cabinet door.
- Go beyond paint and posters. Place 3D objects on the wall to bring child-like whimsy into your child's space. These fish look like they are swimming in this child's world.
- A plush toy doesn't have to be stored away. Create a home for a few of your child's plush toys to create a focal point in the decor.