The U.S. Youth Worlds Sailing Team hauled in four gold medals and a silver at the 48th annual Youth Sailing World Championships, hosted by the Corpus Christi Yacht Club (Texas) in July. This record-setting performance for the U.S. Youth World's Team earned them the Nations Trophy, awarded to the best overall nation.
Carmen and Emma Cowles (Larchmont, N.Y.) repeated as gold medalists in the Girls’ 420 Class. Photo by World Sailing.
Charlotte Rose (Houston, Texas) also won gold in the Girls’ Laser Radial event for the second straight year. Photo by World Sailing.
Geronimo Nores (Miami Beach, Fla.) won gold in the Boys’ RS:X Class. Photo by World Sailing.
JC Hermus (Bellport, N.Y.) and Walter Henry (Syosset, N.Y.) won gold in the Boys’ 420 Class. Photo by World Sailing.
Berta Puig (Miami, Fla.) and Bella Casaretto (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) won silver in the Girls’ 29er Class. Photo by World Sailing.
The U.S. walked away with three Olympic country qualification spots and a much deserved gold medal for Daniela Moroz (Lafayette, Calif.), who captured first place honors in the Women’s Formula Kiteboard competition for the third consecutive year.
Summer of 2018:
Fun in the Sun at Youth Sailing National Championship Events
2018 U.S. Youth Sailing Championships
Hosted by Carolina Yacht Club
Congratulations to the 2018 Youth Champs!
- Marcus Huttunen (San Diego, Calif.): Singlehanded Dinghy - Laser Radial
- Joseph Hou (Newport Beach, Calif.): Singlehanded Dinghy – Laser Full Rig
- Michelle Lahrkamp (Rye, N.Y.) and Gabriella DelBello (Bedford, N.Y.): Doublehanded Dinghy – International 420
- Ripley Shelley (Coral Gables, Fla.) and Severin Gramm (Delray Beach, Fla.): Doublehanded Skiff – 29er
- Nico Martin (Houston, Texas) and AnaClare Solé (Houston, Texas): Multihull – Nacra 15
- Manuel Nores (Miami Beach, Fla.): Windsurfing – Techno 293 Plus
2018 Chubb U.S. Junior Sailing Championships
Hosted by North Cape Yacht Club