A child's dental care starts way before the child is born. It starts with the mother and having a healthy balanced diet.
- Your child's teeth are at risk for decay as soon as they appear - which is typically 6 months
Cleaning at Home
- Start cleaning your baby's mouth during the first few days after birth by wiping the gums with a clean moist gauze or washcloth
- A baby's front teeth usually push through about 6 months but some children don't get their first tooth until 12 to 14 months
- Once your child gets the hang of them brushing their teeth on their own you should brush their teethe twice a day for them with a child sized tooth brush and a pea sized tooth paste
- For children under 3 years old you should brush your toddlers teeth gentle no more than a size of rice for tooth paste and always supervise