Welcome to the home of the Johnson County Comprehensive Plan Update. The County and the Cities of Wrightsville and Kite are currently undergoing strategic planning meetings to guide the future growth and development for the community. Issues discussed include economic development, community facilities, natural and cultural resources, housing, intergovernmental coordination, and other important concerns. In a series of meetings, to be held February-August, local government leadership will be seeking citizen input and participation concerning these topics. This page will provide periodic updates and working documents from the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee.
Johnson County 2018 Comprehensive Plan Timetable
- Thursday, 2.15.2018, 10:30 AM - Initial Meeting/Strengths/Weaknesses (SWOT)
- Tuesday, 3.20.2018, 5:30 PM - Initial Public Hearing
- Tuesday, 4.3.2018, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Community Input Drop-In
- Thursday, 3.22.2018, 10:30 AM - Community Vision/Issues and Opportunities
- Thursday, 4.19.2018, 10:30 AM - Issues and Opportunities/Goals/Policies
- Thursday, 5.17.2018, 10:30 AM - Goals/Policies/Economic Development/Land Use
- July, TBD - Draft Plan
- July, TBD - Final Public Hearing
- August, 2018 - Local Government Submittal
Johnson County is a safe, spacious place full of spirit and pride. In the future, we aim to stay true to our values while providing economic opportunities and growth. We will promote that which has been given to us, our natural and cultural resources, and create a welcoming, walkable, lively community.