- Name of Facility: Vaalwater Bush Camp
- Category: Farm Stays
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Eatern Cape
- Location: Click to see location Papkuilsfontein Guest Farm
- KSG Rating: KS 2 to see ratings click here
- KSG green rating: KS 2 to see ratings click here
- Vaalwater Self Catering Accommodation
- The self -catering accommodation has 4 different options
- Ons Huisie / Our House
- Ons Huisie is an original farmhouse dating back to the early 1900 that has been renovated with 3 bedrooms, one double and two single, sleeping a maximum of 6 persons. The house is fully equipped for self-catering with a kitchen, an open plan living and dining area, a modern bathroom, a “stoep” or porch with a braai area and electricity.
- Die Lang Huis / The Long House
- Die Lang Huis is ideal for tour groups. This renovated house dates back 180 years and consists of four separate bedrooms that open onto a long "stoep" or porch area. Each bedroom is equipped with 2 single beds and wash basin. Alongside the house is a commune kitchen with the original fireplace intact. To the front of the house is an entertainment area called The Lapa which is fenced off and has a big central fireplace ideal for braai and get together. Bathroom facilities are at the ablution block that is neat and private.
- Die Voorste Huisies / The 2 Front Houses
- Die Voorste Huisies are situated on the banks of the Olifants River overlooking the Vaalwater Puts where the Vaalwater fountain originates. Each of the Blue and the Green Voorste Huisies has an open plan bedroom/equipped kitchen with an on-suite bathroom, sleeping 3 persons (maximum of four persons on special arrangement). These cute cottages are ideally suitable for smaller groups or couples who enjoy nature in solitude.
ons husie / our house
die lang huis / the long house
voorste huisies / front houses
Vaalwater Busch camp camp-site
- The facilities lend themselves exceptionally well to large groups.
- The camp has numerous large old pear trees offering ample shade.
- Vaalwater Bush camp offers accommodation on a number of large campsites. The camp boasts a newly constructed modern ablution block with lots of hot water on tap.
- Each camping site has electricity.
- The quiet peaceful surroundings make for exceptional evenings around the camp-fire. The sound of the Karoo night-life will entertain you whilst the clear skies offer breathtaking views of the stars.