quick run down : Psychologists study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and behavior by observing, interpreting, and recording how people relate to one another and their environments.
- Duties of a psychologists : Conduct scientific studies of behavior and brain function
- Collect information through observations, interviews, surveys, and other methods
- Identify psychological, emotional, behavioral, or organizational issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from their research
- Research and identify behavioral or emotional patterns
- Test for patterns that will help them better understand and predict behavior
- Discuss the treatment of problems with their clients
- Write articles, research papers, and reports to share findings and educate others
Their pay is 72,580 a year . Psychologists in private practice often set their own hours, and many work part time as independent consultants. They may work evenings or weekends to accommodate clients. Those employed in hospitals or other healthcare facilities also may have evening or weekend shifts. Most psychologists in clinics, government, industry, or schools work full-time schedules during regular business hours.
The work environment : some psychologists work alone at their home , they do all the work themselves . Now you can work w other people so they can help you out , social workers , someone they trust .
How do you become one ?: psychologists typically need a doctoral degree in psychology, a master’s degree is sufficient for some positions. Psychologists in independent practice also need a license. You need to go threw a lot of training .
where i got my information : https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/psychologists.htm#tab-4