Behaviour of students
Code of conduct
- High expectations for all students to get their work done and handed in on time.
- Students are to respect others personal property of those in the school, as well as respecting the building and the environment around it.
- Students are not to use disrespectful or negative behaviour towards staff and students within or around the school community.
- We do not tolerate any sort of relation towards negativity within the school: NO ALCOHOL, NO DRUGS, NO SMOKING, NO WEPONS, NO GANGS, NO PROFANITY.
- Students are required to do their own work and not to cheat or plagiarize other people's work.
- Students must be joined into an extra curricular activity or a sport and must be passing all classes or there will be consequences set until the student raises his/her grades.
- Students should wear appropriate attire for school: No drugs, No alcohol, No profanity.
- We do not tolerate bullying, assaulting, harassing, intimidating, or threatening another individual or group of any sort
- Students are to use school laptops and computers appropriately
- Students are to immediately report to a teacher or principal of any instance of bullying or harassment
Students have the ability to control a variety of different decisions as well as activities within the school. Students have an influence over decisions that do have an affect on them. We find the students have a better attitude about the school when they are involved as well. We give the students roles within their school life to gain leadership and trust from other students. We give the students a chance to lead a sport or an extracurricular activity which will be supervised by a teacher. We have the option of students joining the SRC which is a group of students who come together and make decisions that they think will make the school a better place to learn and have fun
- Science - You need your sciences to get into a lot of good career courses in university, such as medical school. We provide different courses of sciences you can take such as: science 9 - 30, Life sciences, anatomy, biology, etc. We require the students to learn about the Earth and how everything you see got to where it is.
- Mathematics - You do use math in your everyday life which helps you succeed in any of the jobs you have whether its working as a cashier or working at the bank you need to have knowledge of mathematics.
- English - It is important for students to learn how to spell and read while using proper grammar. Students who learn how to read and write are successful in their everyday life due to getting good jobs from writing and/or reading.
- Personal Fitness - Personal fitness in this school is required to become a healthy and strong person. Since we are a Sports academy we manage to get students to work out at least once a day. Fitness is a key element to stay healthy naturally.
- Social Studies/Native Studies - When you are learning about your past, whether its the past of the Europeans or the First Nations, you gain more acknowledgment towards the world we live in today.
- PAA/Fine Arts - This provides learners with non-academic benefits such as promoting self-esteem, motivation, cultural exposure, creativity, and improved emotional expression. Whether you like to build a table out of wood, fix a car, or draw, etc. We give you the opportunity to do what you find fun. We have a variety of different courses to take that could spark up an interest for you.
- Preforming Arts - Involvement in the arts is accompanied with gains in math, reading, cognitive ability, critical thinking, and verbal skill. Preforming Arts learning can also improve motivation, concentration, confidence, and teamwork.
- Foreign Language -Learning a new language can be a part of your preparation for University. Being able to speak a foreign language, especially an in demand language like Chinese, Arabic, or Spanish, and having experience with a different culture looks good on any application.
- Business - This can be helpful in practically any job students wish to pursue, and can help all students entering into a world in which they no longer have their parents doing everything for them financially.
We make 100% sure that when a new student walks into this school, they feel a sense of acceptance because we do not tolerate bullying or harassment of any kind. If there is any type of bullying or harassment there will be consequences set. They get a quick sense of relief due to the open environment. Students have a mind set to work as hard as they possibly can whether its in their education or their sports when they enter the school. They come into this school with no judgement and no criticism from anyone.
Students at this school are engaged because we have great programs and clubs to join and/or be apart of. We provide a safe and caring place for them to stay and study or practice their sports. We have a variety of sport teams to join and games to come support and watch. We let the students have their own choice when it comes to engaging in a sport. No student should be afraid to voice their opinion or engage in something they truly love doing.
preparing for the future that students want
We strive high in this school we try our very best to make the students become prepared for the future they wish to pursue. We provide the knowledge they need to become who they want. We want our students to leave the school ready to do anything that university or college provides to them. We want the very best for our students.
We find students work 10x harder when they are given a challenge. The harder you work the better you'll become. We always want to hear our students setting exceeding goals for themselves. Students here are always coming out of their comfort zone to achieve higher goals and excel in their life due to us challenging the students.
Opportunities for classes
We provide a huge range of classes you can choose from. We always encourage students to choose a class because they need it for post secondary or because they still are figuring out what they want to do in the future. When the students are limited to courses they can take makes it hard on them to know what they need and/or want to do for the future so we provide many choices for them.