By the end of the course, you will:
- Be aware of the interface between this area of mental capacity law and the criminal offences in the Sexual Offences Act 2003;
- Be familiar with the human rights issues arising from Article 8 ECHR;
- Improve your confidence in determining whether someone is able to make decisions as to sexual relations and contact;
- Be familiar with the TZ-style support plan;
- Be aware of the issues regarding the legality of supporting those with mental disorder to engage in sexual activity;
- Have a better understanding of when and how to access the Court of Protection;
- Be able to access further online resources to develop learning..