Virtual Open House
Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 5:30 -7:30pm
Presented live on Microsoft Teams (a link will be sent out via email and posted to the website on January 4, 2021).
Administrator's Presentation: 5:30 - 6pm
Teacher/classroom exhibition: 6 - 7pm
Q & A by Department: 7 - 7:30pm
First Round School Choice Deadline: January 15th at noon
A few words of welcome from our Principal, Ms. Bono:
To return to this document after watching the video, please click the "x" in the top right corner of the page.
"CLPMS feels like home, feels like family. It is familiar, comforting, and always welcoming. They are dedicated to each child's wellbeing and success academically, mentally, and emotionally." ~ 2020 CLPMS Parent
Learning through Inquiry is an integral part of CLPMS. Watch as Mr. Ellis, our Assistant Principal, explains it in greater detail:
How do we empower independent learners?
- Thinking, Research, Social, Communication, and Self-Management skills are taught in all classes.
- We offer an extensive GT program, accelerated Math and Spanish classes, and Honors courses for 7th/8th grade students in English, Science, and Social Studies. For more information on our GT program, please see Ms. Mahaney's video below.
- Students can enter High School with 10 - 40 credits.
In 2019, CLPMS was the recipient of the Colorado John Irwin Schools of Excellence Award for its demonstrated exceptional academic achievement over time. CLPMS received an "Exceeds Expectations" rating reflecting exceptional performance in Math (88%), English Language Arts (87%), and Science (93%) in the most recent CMAS.
“The teachers know each and every student - the community is really truly about the students' growth & development and not about the test scores.” ~2020 CLPMS Parent
How do our students become balanced members of our community and world?
- Student leaders run dances, the Fall Carnival Haunted Library, complete service learning projects, conduct building tours for prospective families, and lead school spirit events.
- Service learning projects include: Give Next, Fall Carnival, Holiday Food Drive, Pennies for Patients, and a partnership with Lory State Park.
- Clubs offered during the 20-21 school year: Science Olympiad, WEB, Leadership, and NJHS. When school returns in full, we will resume: Lego Robotics, Virtual Reality club, Rock Band, Pirate Training and Pirate Tutorial.
- Athletics: Volleyball, Cross-Country, Football, Tennis, Wrestling, Basketball, Track, Softball, and Golf. Sports for the 20-21 school year at the middle school level remain to be determined.
A bit about IB and Community Projects:
"We are so appreciative of the amazing ways CLPMS has handled the challenges of remote learning. We feel that communication between school and home has been meaningful and honest...yet not overwhelming. The "we-got-this" manner in which the CLPMS staff approaches the challenges of remote learning continues to shine through and serves to give our family one less thing to worry about during these trying times." ~ 2020 CLPMS Parent
At CLPMS, we offer a small community of approximately 335 students and a 25/1 student/teacher ratio. All students attend a year long Advisory class that incorporates our Olweus Bully Prevention Program. Our 6th graders are supported through the WEB program; with our 7th and 8th grade students acting as mentors.
Olweus: Bully Prevention and Relationship Building:
We love the caring and welcoming atmosphere of CLPMS! The fact that it is an IB school that challenges students in a smaller environment allows the teachers to focus on providing great individual instruction. Also, the student/parent conferences are an outstanding format that empowers the students! ~ 2020 CLPMS Parent
I love that it is a small school, and the teachers and staff know everyone by name. It makes my kids feel welcome and excited to go to school. ~2020 CLPMS Parent