Black people were separated from whites for many things.
- White people and black people had to use different rest rooms.
- Black people had to go to different schools.
- Black people could not marry white people.
White people would usually only be allowed to a job.
- Often businesses would only hire whites, because they thought having black workers would be bad for their business.
- White people would often have black people work for them and do things such as farming.
- If a black person worked they would be payed less.
Society didn't think well of black people.
- Black people would often be referred to as the n word.
- Black people never were treated fairly for anything including court cases.
- Lynchings would happen.