- April 4: CSMS McDonalds Family Night fund-raiser, 4 - 7 p.m.
- April 5: conference track meet at South Sumter, 4 p.m.
- April 6: FCA (a.m.), gym
- April 8: Math Field Day at
- April 10 & 11: 7th grade ELA testing
- April 12 & 13: 7th grade ELA testing make-ups
- April 14: No school (Good Friday)
- April 17 & 18: 6th grade reading testing
- April 18: intramural football/volleyball/cheer
- April 19 & 20: 8th grade ELA testing / intramural FB/VB/cheer
- April 21: 6th & 8th grade ELA makeup testing
- April 24 & 25: 7th grade math testing
- April 25: intramural FB/VB/cheer
- April 26 & 27: 8th grade math testing / intramural FB/VB/cheer
- April 28: 7th & 8th grade math makeup testing
7th Grade Field Trip
The 7th grade trip to Buccaneer Bay will be May 22. Behavior requirements began February 1st and are:
- No more than 2 days of ISS
- No OSS
- No more than 2 days of bus suspension
- No disciplinary infraction on a previous trip during this school year
Permission slips and $12 due Friday, April 7 to Mrs. Burnett, Mr. Parker, or Mrs. Sellers.
Title 1 parent information: in accordance with the Title 1 regulations, a copy of the school-wide Title 1 Parent Involvment Plan and the School Improvement Plan are available for review in the school office. If you wish to request information concerning the professionally qualifications of any of your child's instructors, you may do so in writing to the school principal.
Teachers out of field and working toward certifications: CSMS is proud of all our teachers' and administrators' qualifications and certifications. We appreciate the following teachers who volunteered to teach a subject outside of their primary certification and are currently taking classes to obtain certification in the area they are teaching out-of-field: Mrs. Annie Henley, a certified ELA teacher who is working on her gifted certification, and Mr. Ty Lashley, a long-term substitute teacher for Mrs. Keene's Reading classes. If you wish to receive information concerning the substitute's qualifications, you may do so in writing to the principal.
William Adcock, Skylar Bowden, Trinity Henry, Carson Mayo, Jordan Paquin, Macie Reeves, Faith Robbins, Jacob Roe, Ava Salley, Ethan Scull, Shelby Smith, Robert Ventimiglia, McKenzy Wallace, Sean Weiss
Elks Student of the Month
2017 Summer Literacy Adventure
The Florida Department of Education is challenging Florida's students to read as many books as they can over the summer break, each student can fill out a pledge on the Just Read, Florida! website (click the link below). After the break, the department will recognize the top 10 schools with the highest percentage of participation. The school whose students read the most books will receive a visit from First Lady Ann Scott.