What does the LEAD minor involve?
There is no single blueprint for an effective leader. The LEAD minor is designed to help students customize their own leadership education, being mindful of their own strengths and style.
The LEAD minor equips students to:
- Identify core facets of leadership from different disciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
- Evaluate what it means to lead with integrity, compassion, and ethics in different contexts.
- Reflect on their own attributes as leaders, including examination of core values and identity as applied to the evolving practice of leadership.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with others from different backgrounds in both individual and group settings.
- Conduct inquiry from multiple human perspectives (historical, cross-cultural, philosophical, creative, gender, scientific, and more), with application to the practice of leadership.
- Apply core liberal arts skills and mindset to diagnose complex problems.