Should homework be optional in school By Elijah Lithgow

Yes

Homework should be optional in school because homework can cause stress and by making it optional will allow kids the choice to better themselves. It also provides a more lenient environment. A survey shows that 44% of teenagers said don’t have enough time to do other activities after school and the other 56 percent of the students considered homework a primary source of stress. Some kids might say that homework does not even help either with school or with critical life skills. By allowing this change will promote a more healthy environment.

No

Making homework mandatory allows students and teachers to work more closely together. Secondly, it can bring families closer together as students may ask their parents or siblings for help on their homework. Doing homework will also prepare students for quizzes or tests. Doing homework is also a great way to develop responsibilities. By being assigned work one day and knowing that it has to be done by the next day, they will develop a sense of punctuality by turning their work in on time. Lastly, it allows parents to see how their children are being educated.

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.