Schroeder Community Project: Dragons Celebrate Gratitude!
Temporary Discount on Broadband Internet Bills - The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband internet bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50).
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
- Details about the program, qualifications, and directions to apply can be found in the following link: https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit
Clinic Donations - Cleaning out closets and have some clothes you no longer need? If you have a few elastic wasted pants in size 3 to size 10 to spare, please consider donating them to the Schroeder clinic. Thank you!
Virtual Holiday Gift Shop is Back - Mark your calendar for the Virtual Holiday Gift Shop kick-off on November 30th. Parents and caregivers have the opportunity to shop with their child in a safe, kid-friendly online store. Please see the flyer below for more information! Thank you to Mrs. Sowinski and Mrs. O'Connor for supporting this event every year. This event shows our school's core value of kindness.
Schroeder Food Drive - Schroeder Community Leaders (Student Leadership Team) is conducting a food collection for Troy families in need. Each grade level will be responsible for contributing certain items. All donations should be brought to school from Wednesday, December 1st through Tuesday, December 14th. Our goal is to collect as many of these items as possible. Your help is greatly appreciated. Again, every item donated will be used to help families in Troy. Thank you for your participation and effort.
- Kindergarten Donation Items: Granola Bars or Fruit Snacks (Individually packaged), Rice or Pasta
- First Grade Donation Items: Boxes of cereal, Ramen Noodles
- Second Grade Donation Items: Boxes of Saltine Crackers (box containing 4 individual packs), Cans of vegetable-based soup
- Third Grade Donation Items: Spaghetti sauce (canned only and vegetarian preferred), Canned vegetables or fruits
- Fourth Grade Donation Items: Canned salmon or canned tuna, Peanut butter (plastic jar)
- Fifth Grade Donation Items: Boxes of macaroni and cheese, Boxes of cereal
Schroeder General PTO Meeting - The Schroeder PTO is having a general meeting on Wednesday, December 1 at 6:00pm. All parents are invited to attend! This meeting will be on zoom using the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85351004521?pwd=aExhV3VtWGFlak93Mmd4MFRDSnpJQT09 Meeting ID: 853 5100 4521 Passcode: 9t6Gs4
Students Displaying One of Schroeder's Core Values: RESPECT!
Speedy Dragons! - Congratulations to all the 2021/2022 Jogathon top lap winners! Top lap winners from each grade were treated to a pizza party with Mr. Canfield. •Kindergarten: Kaifan Ren and Olivia Triemstra •1st Grade: Sharvin Minhasa, Grace Cao and Hannah Esho •2nd Grade: Brandon Knight and Zara Domazet •3rd Grade: Ryder Boribunduripan and Mia Zawislak •4th Grade: Maddax Blais and Eva Junger •5th Grade: Jake Sowinski and Ana Junger. NICE JOB!
Never Too Cold for a Popsicle Party! - Thank you to everyone for supporting our Jogathon! The students who donated at least $100, participated in a popsicle party hosted by Principal Canfield! Please know that we thank everyone for their donations and appreciate your support regardless of the amount donated. Thank you!
Schroeder Dragons Build a Win! - Last weekend, in the First Lego League's ThunderQuest Robotics Tournament, the 4th grade Schroeder team named Robotic Lego Warriors was awarded the Rising All-Star first place trophy in the Judges' Award category. Team members Mihir Kandage, Aditya Singh and Nithilan Kalyansundaram were lead by their coach Kanchan Kandage to build a robot to complete as many missions possible within a 2.5 minute time limit! Incredible job, team!