Who is the current leader of this agency?
- Mid Atlantic Leader- Pat Dombroski
- Mid West Leader- Tim English
- Mountain Plains Leader- Darlene Barnes
- North East Leader- Kurt Messner
- South East Leader- Robin Bailey
- South West Leader- Bill Ludwig
- Western Leader- Jesus Mendoza
What is the website? https://www.fns.usda.gov/
When was this agency established? August 8, 1969
Why was this agency established? To ensure that American children and families around the country had a source of nutritional food.
What are the duties and responsibilities of the Food and Nutrition Service?
- National School Lunch Program
- Including School Breakfast Program
- Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Summer Food Service Program
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (WIC)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
How does this agency address market failures? The Food and Nutrition Service address the shortage of food and income to the people in America, who can't afford food. So they are trying to make an equilibrium for the poor, so they have food.
What are the current issues that the agency is trying to address? The Food and Nutrition Service is addressing hunger in the United States. Their mission is to end nation wide hunger.
Food and Nutrition Service. USDA, 14 Sept. 2015. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.