Content Info For The Week
- ELA (Gordon):This week we will continue to read “The Giver”. As a class we made a goal to finish the book in four weeks and I’m thrilled to say we are on track to achieve that goal. The majority of our grades this 9 weeks will be coming from USA test prep. Students can access this from home. As always contact me with questions and concerns.
- Read 180 (Hester & Miller): Students will continue to use the POW strategy (Plan, Organize, Write) in order to compose and complete their narrative. Students should complete their narratives by Tuesday, February 4th. Students will end their week with the End of Workshop Assessment. This will give them the opportunity to self-check and see if they are meeting the goals we have set.
- Math (Allmond, Fulton, Lothridge): This week, students will continue learning about shapes by building on their knowledge of 6th grade 2-D shapes in order to determine different surface areas of 3-D shapes. Towards the middle of the week students will learn about volume of 3-D figures. Math teachers will be posting content over volume in google classroom for those students who will not be here due to the Washington D.C. field trip. The unit test will be February 14th.
- Science (Aldred & Tedder): Scholars will continue to learn about Genes, Alleles and FingerPrints. Monday and Tuesday is filled with reviewing and learning more about DNA mutations and Alleles. Then, scholars should be prepared to solve a mystery! Someone will be "Caught Red Handed" and all scholars will see just how unique all our genes are with a fingerprinting activity.
- Social Studies (Lewis & Waddell): This week will finish up our SE Asia history unit by discussing the Korean War & Vietnam War. At this point, they should know the events of the independence of India, the establishment of communism in China, and the aftermath of Pearl Harbor and the dropping of the atomic bombs. Students will begin working on their choice board assignments on Wednesday thru the rest of the week.
Look what we have been up to!
7th Grade Team Contact Info!
Teachers pictured from left to right:
Anna Waddell-Social Studiesemail@example.com
Anna Lewis-Social Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org
John Allmond-ESS Mathemail@example.com
Bobi Hester-ESS Read firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandi Miller-Read email@example.com
Anne Marie Aldred-Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org