The Westerkerk Church was not the first Protestant church built in Amsterdam but it was the largest. The church is known for its detailed clock and colorful spire. The Westerkerk Church was located near the Anne Frank house. In the Anne Frank diary, Anne describes the clock tower on the church and the rings of the bells in the church which comforted her in times of distress. Anne could see the church from one of the attic windows in the Secret Annex. Today the church now has a statue of Anne Frank in the front of the church.
The Secret Annex
The Secret Annex was a hidden room where the Frank family hid themselves throughout World War II. The Secret Annex was located above Otto Franks business where they made Opekta jelly. In the Secret Annex there were not many rooms and there was only one bathroom for the whole Frank family and others that lived in the Annex. In the Annex was where Anne Frank wrote her famous diary describing life in the Secret room.
1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden.Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German o related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
THE NUREMBERG law were a set of laws that prohiBited jews in Europe from doing normal everDah things. There was laws that prohibyed jews from marrying onr another. Jews couldnt marry one another and they could most certianly not marry or be wiht a pure blood German. Jews were required to disPlay that they were jewish by wearing jewish colors or the star of david. Jews were FORBIDDEN to wave the Jewsih flag. And jews could not employ female germans under 45 yearS old. If a jew broke any of these laws they HAd harSh punishments of beatings and were put in prisons to do harsh labor.
Propaganda is the act in which a political subject is being influenced with media and speaking to try to convince you of there cause or purpose. Country's in a time of war could use propaganda to against the other side with posters of then enemy and portraying them as mean ugly people. Also articles can be written in newspaper that can feed you daily doses of bad facts about the opposing sides. Commercials are common form of propaganda in modern times in elections to portray why the opposing candidate is wrong for the job. Rallying speeches can be used to persuade large crowds of people to start a movement or convince them of the cause. Propaganda is used in all different type doc media but they all usually have the same goal and it is to portray your cause as better then the opposite side who will try to do the same. Word of mouth helps drive propaganda with people telling other people about your cause and soon it will grow very large.
Margot Frank was born February 26, 1926 in Frankfurt Germany. Margot was described as a quiet person. Anne even described how when she at her food it was like a little mouse making no sound at all. Anne and Margot had there quarrels but also bonded. Anne was jealous at times because she thought Margot was in love in with Peter. Margot also kept a diary but it was never found. Margot died of typhus in the German camp.
Otto Frank was born May 12, 1889 in Frankfurt Germany. Frank fought in the First World War for the side of Germany. He had many jobs even working at a Macy's in America. While in Amsterdam he had his own business where they manufactured Opekta jelly. The Secret Annex was at the top of his business building. Otto then later published Anne's diary after the war. He lived a long life and died in August 19,1980.
Hermine (Miep) Gies-Santrouschitz was born in Vienna in 1909. She worked as Otto Franks secretary at his Opekta buisness. She was a frequent helper in getting them food and supply's in the Secret Annex. Miep needed being the one to find the diary and then give to Otto Frank who would later publish it. Miep lived a long life and died in January 11, 2010 at the age of 100.
Anne Frank was born June 12, 1929 in Frankfurt Germany. Anne was described as a jokester and entergetic person. Anne ended up falling in love in the Secret Annex with Peter van Pells. Anne's written diary has since become one of the bestsellers of all time. Anne later died in Bergen-Belson concentration camp of sicknesss but her legacy lives in forever because of her diary.
Act 1 Summary
In the first act of the AnNe Frank play it gives a detailed look of Anne and her family adjusting to the new life in hiding in the Secret Annex. When they first move to the Secret Annex it is just the Franks and the Van Dans but soon after Mr. Dussel arrives to also live in the Annex. Anne has a strong distaste for Mr. Dussel because they have to share a room and he won't let her have any of the time in the room. Anne is a childish girl as she complains and his obnoxious around the Annex often getting into quarrels with adults. At the end of act 1 it is Hanukkah and everyone is cheerful and giving especially Anne but soon after they hear a thief down in the buisness but Peter accidentally scares off the thief. The Annex is now paranoid if they are ratted out by the thief.