- Grew up in the small town of Crystal River, Florida, USA where he won his first award, the "Earth Day Film Contest" award in high school.
- Graduated from the University of Florida and the University of Miami School of Law.
- Walter created a hyper-stylized 90-minute lifestyle DVD called “Thrust Video Candy” which explored the lives of sexy models, obsessed car guys and swirling breakdancers in the circus-like world of the pimped-out import car show scene.
- He expanded the Thrust brand when he wrote, produced and directed a low budget satirical comedy feature film called “Thrust” which played a successful film festival run. Thrust is a Hollywood satire where three desperate filmmakers must finish their dream TV pilot as their insane producer twists and turns it into the most obnoxious, perverted show ever.
- To promote the film "Thrust", Walter and Team Thrust produced dozens of in-your-face comedy sketches on their Youtube channel that served as a faux self-motivational channel called “The Power of Thrust.”
- Walter sowed the sees of his “intelligent genre” fare with his horror film festival favorite short film “D-volution” (view below). It was well-received for its visceral grit and raw emotion which opened many doors. It was based on a feature length zombie script of his that he describes as "Children of Men" meets "28 Days Later."
- In addition to long form projects, Walter has directed dozens of short form projects in all genres that have played at dozens of film festivals. He creates music videos, PSA’s and short films for clients as diverse as the alt-rock group Tito Felix, the Europe-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training Program and Warner Music Group.
- Walter is also very active in the Filipino and Asian communities as a screener/judge for the Los Angeles International Philippine Film Festival and as co-founder/board member of FilAm Creative, an organization for Filipino Americans in entertainment. Prior to that he served as the president of the University of Florida Filipino Student Association and founded the largest Asian talent show in the Southeastern U.S., DTJ, which is going strong in its 3rd decade and draws thousands from all parts of the Southeastern US. Part of Walter's filmmaking mission is put diversity on screen and to bring the Asian and American film worlds together through his English-language genre films.
BUSINESS AFFAIRS CONSULTING
- Walter is a consultant in entertainment law and business and president/founder of consulting firm Showbiz Consultants. He is a licensed attorney in the state of FL, USA. His expertise comes from over a decade in film/TV/music distribution as an in-house attorney or business consultant for Rhino Entertainment Company, a division of Warner Music Group, US film/TV distributor Inception Media Group, its foreign sales agent division called Inception Film Partners, Image/RLJ Entertainment, ARC Entertainment, Veranda Distribution and Electric Entertainment.
- Walter also has experience from the studio development side with creative input at A-list companies Davis Entertainment (Predator, The Man from U.N.C.L.E, I, Robot), Initial Entertainment Group, the former company of Graham King (The Departed, World War Z) and as Assistant Story Editor at MGM Creative Affairs.
- His career path also took him through some of the major entertainment companies on the planet including Universal Music Group, the legal departments of Walt Disney Studios, Buena Vista Television, CBS Films and the Bentonville Film Festival, which is co-chaired by actress Geena Davis.
- View Walter's full professional resume on LINKEDIN
Walter is eager to meet creatives, investors, business people and companies that share the same dream to create smart, fun, visceral content that will resonate with the viewer and achieve substantial return on investment while doing so.
Walter on VIMEO
Walter on IMDB
Walter on FACEBOOK
The copyright to each photo, image and artwork is held by its respective copyright owner.
Copyright (c) Waltertainment 2019 All Rights Reserved