STILL PERFECT: 12-0
The #1 UChicago Women's Soccer team continued its dominance of NCAA Division III soccer with two shutouts last week, including a convincing 4-0 win over #19 Emory Saturday at Stagg Field.
- Friday, Oct. 13: Carnegie Mellon at #1 UChicago, 3PM CT, Stagg Field (grass)
- Sunday, Oct. 15: Case Western at #1 UChicago, 1:30 PM CT, Stagg Field (grass)
OCT. 4 RESULTS : #1 UCHICAGO 6, KALAMAZOO 0
OCT 7 RESULTS: #1 UCHICAGO 4, #19 EMORY 0
OFFENSIVE BALANCE: 13 different players have scored this season for the Maroons, with four having five goals or more. UChicago has outscored opponents by an incredible 48-4 margin.
UCHICAGO 28, LAWRENCE 8
Senior running back Chandler Carroll recorded a career-high four TDs to lead the Maroons past Lawrence in their Midwest Conference North Division opener.
- Chandler Carroll rushed 21 times for 104 yards and three touchdowns and caught five passes for 47 yards and a score in a big offensive performance.
- Freshman QB Campbell Garrett finished 11-20 for 158 yards and 1 TD and didn't throw an interception.
- Senior Jamie Rieger was the games' top receiver, catching four balls for 102 yards.
- Jackson Ross (11 tackles, two sacks), Ben Christensen (11 tackles, one sack), Henry Winebrake (eight tackles) and Peter Casey (eight tackles) led the way for the Maroon defense.
- Saturday, Oct. 14: UChicago at St. Norbert, 1 pm CT
- Where: Donald J. Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
11 MATCHES IN A ROW
The Maroons will host the second University Athletic Association Round Robin Oct. 14-15 at the Ratner Athletics Center. UChicago will play four matches over the two-day weekend, while the Round Robin will feature a total of 16 matches across three courts.
UAA ROUND ROBIN #2 HOSTED BY UCHICAGO
- Saturday, Oct. 14: UChicago vs. NYU, 12:30 PM / UChicago vs. Carnegie Mellon, 2:30 PM
- Sunday, Oct: 15: UChicago vs. Case Western Reserve, 12 PM / UChicago vs. Washington-St. Louis, 2 PM
OCT. 6 RESULTS: UChicago 3, Otterbein 0
OCT. 7 RESULTS: UChicago 3, Elmhurst 0
WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY
The Maroon women's cross country team, ranked #6 in NCAA Division III, placed fifth at the Lucia Rosa Invitational Saturday in Somers, Wis.
- Lucy Kenig-Ziesler was the top finisher for the UChicago women, crossing the line in 13th place with a time of 23:36. Teammate Taylor Campos was right behind her in 17th at 23:53 for two Top 20 finishers. Annika Hildebrandt (30th), Sophia Smith (46th), Janet Fee (82nd) also scored for the Maroons.
Saturday, Oct. 14: UChicago at Principia Cowbell Classic, 11 AM CT
OCT. 7 RESULTS:
MEN'S CROSS COUNTRY
The Maroon Men's Cross Country team put together a solid finish at the Lucia Rosa Invitational, taking sixth place in the nine-team event.
- John Judge led the way with his 32nd place (27:56) finish, right in front of teammate Tim Koenning, who placed 33rd with a time of 27:57. Also scoring for the Maroons in the 8K event were Owen Melia (39th), Kirk Lancaster (43rd), Alex Ho (46th), Jackson Mariotti (66th), and Abe Herzog-Arbeitman (68th).
Saturday, Oct. 7: UChicago at Lucian Rosa Invitational, Kenosha, Wis., 10 a.m.
OCT. 7 RESULTS
The UChicago men's soccer team defeated Carroll on the road, 1-0, early last week before falling in a 3-0 upset at home to UAA foe Emory.
It was the first loss in 29 regular-season contests for the #1-ranked Maroons, who had either tied or won the previous 28 until Saturday.
- Friday, Oct. 13: Carnegie Melon at UChicago, 5:30 PM, Stagg Field (turf).
- Sunday, Oct. 15: Case Western Reserve at UChicago, 11 AM Stagg Field (grass).