Anne Frank House
The Anne Frank house is a very important landmark because it was a place that a Jewish girl and her family hid from the nazis. She wrote a diary about her growing up into a teenager while in hiding for about 2 years. This annex held them behind Anne's fathers work place they only let in a family and a dentist. In the end they got ratted out by workers near them.
Westerkurk was built between 1620 and 1631 in a renaissance kind of way. It was designed by Hendrick de Keyser but was completed by his son Pieter de Keyser. It is still the largest church in the Netherlands. A statue of Anne Frank is located outside of the church in Westermarkt.
1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German or related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
The Nuremberg law Is a law that took away lots of Jewish rights. Jews where not allowed to apply for citizenship in Germany and they couldn't marry a German person. This was decided at a meeting in Nuremburg which is where the name came from. If you were German and under the age of 45 you can not be employed in a Jewish household. If you were Jewish and you had intercourse with A German that is illegal and you would both be punished for it.
Propaganda is biased information that is used to sway people to support their cause. What's common in propaganda is name calling bandwagoning and most commonly testimonia. Propaganda is used to get support from people sometimes using misleading and untrue facts and statements. During World War ll the Nazis and Americans used propaganda to get support for their cause. The Americans tried to get people involved in joining the army and helping with supplying and helping the army. The Nazis used propaganda to strike fear and turn Germans against the Jews.
Miep was born on February 15, 1909, in Austria and was an accomplice to the Frank's she brought them food and other supplies. After the Frank's were captured she tried to free them. Otto Frank survived the war and went to live with Miep and Jan. Miep found Anne's journey and gave it to Otto. She died on January 11, 2010.
Otto was born on May 12, 1889, in Frankfort, Germany. In 1915 he was drafted into the military and made his way up the ranks until he was a lieutenant. He married Edith Frank and had 2 girls Anne and Margot. He had a store which he used as a front to hid his family. He died on August 19, 1980, in Basel, Switzerland.
Act 1 Summary
Act one starte off at the ending where Otto comes back to the annex and finds Anne's journal. The van dans another Jewish family that went into hiding became worried because the Frank's were late. Peter and Anne get introduced and the van dans tell the Frank's how grateful they are. A man joins the annex named Mr. Düssel who got called to a death camp. Him and Anne have to share a room which causes a lot of conflict. Anne has frequent nightmares which angers dussel a lot. Peter knocks over a lamp when they hear someone is downstairs.