1. Olympic Fun Run
Whether you're doing a walk-athon, run-athon, jog-athon, or Fun Run, you can use an Olympic theme to take your athon to the next level.
- See if any past or present Olympians are from your area and would do a special appearance at your Kick-Off or event.
- Create different stations around your Fun Run track that incorporate a fun Olympic sport (i.e., archery, making a goal in soccer or a basket for basketball, putt putt, etc.).
- Host mini competitions throughout your fundraiser during lunch time or recess, such as a straw javelin throw, discus throw using frisbees, or a ring toss.
- Track your overall fundraising progress (or classroom progress) by creating a ring chain out of paper that is visible to students. For every smaller goal reached, another ring gets added to the chain!
We work with a ton of schools from around the county (and even the world when we team up with schools on military bases!), but we also work with extracurricular organizations and sports teams.
One of these teams is Bel Passi Baseball from Modesto, CA and they are hosting their 1st Annual Bel Passi Hit-Athon this year! This fundraiser makes it possible for the team to make improvements to their fields and park; in addition to providing top-notch equipment for their players. As the players raise $ for their team, they are eligible to win rewards.
- Level 1: $100 --Titanium Braided Necklace
- Level 2: $150 --Compression Sleeve and Level 1 Prize
- Level 3: $200 --Practice Shirt and Level 1 & 2 Prizes
- Level 4: $250 --Batting Gloves and Level 1-3 Prizes
- Level 5: $300 --Crew Socks and Level 1-4 Prizes
- Level 6: $350 --Bel Passi Sweatshirt and Level 1-5 Prizes
- Level 7: $400 --$25 gift card to Dicks and Level 1-5 Prizes
- Level 8: $450 --$50 gift card to Dicks and Level 1-5 Prizes
- Level 9: $500 --$75 gift card to Dicks and level 1-5 Prizes
It's simple - the more they raise, the more they win! The donations feed back into the community and allow this local baseball team to play throughout the season.
6. Rockin' Read-Athon
Read-athons are one of the fastest growing forms of athon fundraising! Just choose a donation period (typically a couple of months) and a reading period/set for, say, 10 days, during which time kids will be encouraged to read for 30 minutes a day. Schools can easily set incentives for how much students raise as well as how much they read!
Want to take your event to the next level? Add in some music! Host an event at the end of your fundraiser where students can bring a book to school, lounge in the library or gymnasium and read for 20-30 minutes at a time. Intersperse this reading time with music so the students can get up and moving! You can have snacks available and have students submit songs to play during the mini dance parties.
Created with images by Jon Tyson - "untitled image" • Vytautas Dranginis - "part of the games" • Kelly Sikkema - "Son and Dad playing baseball in the park" • Jonas Jacobsson - "untitled image"