1. Olympic Fun Run
Whether you're doing a walk-athon, run-athon, jog-athon, or Fun Run, you can use an Olympic theme to take your athon to the next level.
- See if any past or present Olympians are from your area and would do a special appearance at your Kick Off or event.
- Create different stations around your Fun Run track that incorporate a fun Olympic sport (i.e., archery, making a goal in soccer or a basket for basketball, putt putt, etc.).
- Host mini competitions throughout your fundraiser during lunch time or recess, such as a straw javelin throw, discus throw using frisbees, or a ring toss.
- Track your overall fundraising progress (or classroom progress) by creating a ring chain out of paper that is visible to students. For every smaller goal reached, another ring gets added to the chain!
We work with a ton of schools from around the county (and even the world when we team up with schools on military bases!), but we also work with extra-curricular organizations and sports teams. One of these teams is Bel Passi Baseball from Modesto, CA and they are hosting their 1st Annual Bel Passi Hit-A-Thon this year! This fundraiser makes it possible for the team to make improvements to their fields and park; in addition to providing top-notch equipment for their players. As the players raise $ for their team, they are eligible to win rewards.
- Level 1: $100 --Titanium Braided Necklace
- Level 2: $150 --Compression Sleeve and Level 1 Prize
- Level 3: $200 --Practice Shirt and Level 1 & 2 Prizes
- Level 4: $250 --Batting Gloves and Level 1-3 Prizes
- Level 5: $300 --Crew Socks and Level 1-4 Prizes
- Level 6: $350 --Bel Passi Sweatshirt and Level 1-5 Prizes
- Level 7: $400 --$25 gift card to Dicks and Level 1-5 Prizes
- Level 8: $450 --$50 gift card to Dicks and Level 1-5 Prizes
- Level 9: $500 --$75 gift card to Dicks and level 1-5 Prizes
It's simple - the more they raise, the more they win! The donations feed back into the community and allow this local baseball team to play throughout the season.
Reading-a-thons are one of the fastest growing forms of a-thon fundraising! Just choose a donation period (typically a couple of months) and a reading period/set for, say, 10 days, during which time kids will be encouraged to read for 30 minutes a day. Schools can easily set incentives for how much students raise as well as how much they read!
Created with images by Jon Tyson - "untitled image" • Vytautas Dranginis - "part of the games" • Kelly Sikkema - "Son and Dad playing baseball in the park" • Jonas Jacobsson - "untitled image"