This month we are assisting a local safe house, the Free Indeed Home, where girls ages 12-17 who have been sex trafficked can come for healing and restoration. Donations can be placed in the plastic bins at the entrances to the church throughout the month of February. Cash and/or gift cards can be sent to the parish office or placed in the collection basket. Please be sure donations are in an envelope marked “Respect Life - Free Indeed Home.”
The following items are needed:
- Cash or gift cards for grocery/big box stores
- Canned vegetables, flour, sugar, corn meal, seasoning, cooking oil, pasta, rice, cereals, canned meats, boxed cake mix, pudding
- Paper towel, toilet paper, paper napkins
- Comet cleanser, Clorox clean-up, dish detergent, disinfectant spray,multi-surface cleaner, baking soda, floor wax for hardwood floors, laundry detergent
- Feminine products
- Board games, puzzles, craft items
- Copy paper (Cheapest kind), pens /pencils/crayons/color pencils/markers/ dry eraser markers, loose leaf paper, notebooks, binders, printer ink : HP 950 and 951, batteries (all sizes, primarily AA and AAA).
Please be aware of the signs of #humantrafficking. If you see something, SAY SOMETHING! It is better to report a suspicious incident & be wrong than to be right & say nothing. Learn more: www.polarisproject.org/recognize-signs .