Praise God for the faithful ministry of Marie & Nolan Schockey, missionaries in Juarez, Mexico.
• Thank God for His work in Eduardo, a 15 year old boy whose dad was murdered several years ago. Eduardo's mom dances at a club to put food on the table, and when Eduardo met one of our pastors he told him that his goal in life was to become a cartel hit man to get vengeance for his dad and support his mom. Eduardo is working 3 jobs and attending school. He’s now in one of the church youth programs the Schockeys oversee, flourishing and much more content and joyful. He still works, goes to school and youth group, but now his goal is to serve God.
• Praise God that funds for a van have been donated. Please pray for the Schockeys to find the right minivan - reliable with low mileage.
• Praise God that Nolan’s health has improved. He was having severe drops in blood pressure, but a new medication has helped a lot.
• Praise God that the new church building for Pepe’s church should be finished this month.
• Continued protection & provision
• Chairs & tables for 2 new kids’ clubs, feeding ministries and the new church building.
• A team to build a house for Pepe next to the new church building. Right now, he, his wife Vedo, and 2 teenagers will be living in 1 room in the church building. (Depending on timing, this might be our CWC team!)
• A couple to come alongside and learn the ministry so it will continue after Nolan and Marie retire.
Praise God for Karen Hulbert and Sets the Captives Free ministry.
Please pray for good contacts and supporters for Karen and the women she serves - troubled teens and women who have recently been incarcerated.
Pastors' Training in Uganda
Praise God for His work in the lives and ministries of Matt & Noelle Harris in Northern Uganda!
Praise God for the growth they see in the lives of the pastors they train through Terebinth Ministries, which teaches the pastors verse-by-verse through the Bible.
Thank God for the transformation His Word is bringing in these pastors' lives. "For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 3:11. The 1st class has the fruit of abiding in God's Word clearly evident in the lives as they near graduation. The 2nd class are staring intently into God's perfect law and seeing it transform their lives and bless them.
Thank God for how He is stirring Matt & Noelle's hearts to compassion for the neighborhood children. There are close to 50 children near their home who are basically left to raise themselves and each other as their parents labor in their everyday lives. Matt & Noelle say, "Over time it became a chore to answer the door for the 15th time on a Sunday, or to break up the 3rd fight of the day on our lawn." But God is stirring their hearts to serve Him through serving the least of these, and they are growing in love and obedience. Please pray for them not to grow weary in doing good, but to know their reward is with God.
Please pray for continued protection for the Harris family, including their small children, Emma, Madeline, and Noah. The whole family has struggled with malaria. Please pray for healing!
Syrian refugee children in Lebanon
Please pray for Mike, as he returns to Lebanon and Iraq this week. Pray for health as he travels, as he is still recovering from his broken leg. Please also pray for good connections with national leaders in Lebanon and Iraq, and opportunities to speak words of truth and hope as he brings physical relief and practical training to these Syrian (in Lebanon) and Yezidi (in Northern Iraq) refugees.