Why these resources?
The quick guide is not an exhaustive list of resources, and keep in mind that both your high school site and SDCL Branch libraries offer print copies of test preparation books to check out, as well. Still, the four sources highlighted provide quality, FREE (to you), online test prep content that you should try out.
About College Board & ACT
Whenever you have questions about tests, you should always go to the actual testing organizations for answers. This is why College Board & ACT links are featured in the first column.
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a free website that provides online learning tutorials and exercises, including a growing body of content directly tied to test preparation. You may even link up your CollegeBoard account to get personalized SAT practice recommendations based on your PSAT and SAT results.
PrepSTEP is a subscription-based online resource provided for FREE to GUHSD students. Simply create an account and log in using the link on the Online Databases page.
TERC is another subscription-based online resource that you may access for free if you have a San Diego County Library (SDCL) public library card. If you do not already have an SDCL library card, below are two options for getting one:
- If you are at least 13 years old, you may try to register for an Instant Digital Card. From the link above, click the "Start here" button and get a card using your mobile phone number.
- BENEFIT 1: You can get immediate access to SDCL's digital resources without having to go to a public library branch in person.
- BENEFIT 2: In addition to using the Instant Digital Card to use TERC, you may also use it to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, and more.
- If this method does not work, use Option 2 below.
- Go in person to an SDCL library (WITH parent/guardian, if under 18) and bring a valid photo ID and proof of current address.
- BENEFIT 1: Get a library card right on the spot!
- BENEFIT 2: Get unlimited access to the entire SDCL collection, including print books, physical media, and online resources such as TERC, online databases, eBooks, and more.
- BENEFIT 3: Your local library professionals are always happy to help you find necessary information on TERC, books available for checkout, programs to attend, and more!
Contact your site's Teacher Librarian for help!