end of year events
End of Year Awards, Celebrations, and Events
We have enjoyed celebrating our students this past week, from our Kinder Graduations, some of our End of Year Celebrations, Fifth and Sixth Grade Graduations and Fifth Grade Drive-Thru Clap-out. We were also able to enjoy our Cluster Meet with our Sixth Graders, and welcome our 2021-2022 Kinder Cohort to campus. These events would have not been possible without our dedicated staff and the generosity and hard work of our parent volunteers. A special thank you to Mr. Christopher Bryant, director of the Center for Visual and Performing Arts, for his support and guidance during our Fifth and Sixth Grade Graduations.
Coming up, we still have our End of Year Awards for First, Second and Fourth Grade, our Martin H.S. Senior Reunion, Shaved Ice (sponsored by our PTA), our Sixth Grade Drive-Thru Clap-Out, and Field Day!
Kinder Round-Up 2021-2022 Cohort
Fifth Grade Drive-Thru Clap-Out
Fifth And Sixth Grade Graduation - Center for Visual and Performing Arts
Martin High School Seniors - Corey Academy Reunion
We would like to invite our Corey Cubs who are graduating from Martin HS to a Reunion on Monday, May 24th at 4:00 p.m. We are so proud of their accomplishments! Please help us spread the word.
Change of Instructional Setting
- We have heard from some of our virtual families that they would like to join us for the last two days of school. What great news!
- To properly plan, please remember to fill out the Instructional Setting form right away.
- Also, please communicate with your child's teachers so that they can plan accordingly.
- Please remember to fill out the health screener as you drop off students in the morning. Students will remain in the vehicles until we have done the temperature checks. Once the screener and the temperature checks have been completed, students may exit the vehicle (no earlier than 7:55 a.m.) in front of the Kinder pod entrance (K - 1st Grade), or in the front drive (2nd-6th Grade). Student pick-up will be in the same area as drop off.
Shaved Ice (Sponsored by the Corey Cubs PTA)
Thank you, Corey Cubs PTA for providing Islanders Shaved Ice for all our students on Monday, May 24th.
There are certain tasks that need to be completed prior to the last day of school (May 25th).
- Please make sure that all in-person learners turn in all library books, textbooks and AISD borrowed technology by Tuesday, 5/25.
- Virtual learners may return their AISD borrowed technology on Tuesday, 5/25 (1:00-4:00 p.m.) or Wednesday, 5/26 (8:00-11:00 a.m. or 1:00-4:00 p.m.).
- Please remember that all technology items checked out need to be returned to the campus in good condition. Per the district Device Loan Agreement, parents/guardians are responsible for repair or replacement costs if needed.
Please see message below from Nurse Jennifer:
"Good afternoon Corey Cubs! If you have medication in the clinic that is not an inhaler, then you will need to have an adult pick of the medication at the end of the day on Tuesday, May 25th. You can also come on May 26th or 27th between the hours of 8:00am-3:00pm. Inhalers will be placed in backpacks on Tuesday. If you have any questions please call Nurse Jennifer at 682-867-3906. Thank you!"
Online registration begins Wednesday, July 7th, 2021. The district has changed its registration system to Frontline TEAMS (Parent Self Serve)
All AISD students must register through Frontline TEAMS (Parent Self Serve) and upload the appropriate documents shown below. Families are strongly encouraged to complete online registration and upload as many registration documents as possible during this process. These documents must be uploaded prior to the first day of school. Online registration begins Wednesday, Jul. 7, 2021.
STAAR Assessment results
Please take a moment to read over important information about the STAAR Assessment Results (Grades 3rd-6th). Score reports are not available yet and will be provided this year in an electronic format only. These reports will be available later in June.
Attached is a letter in English and Spanish which provides information to parents on the release of the STAAR scores this summer. Help documents are also attached to walk parents through the process of accessing their child’s test results in the student portal.
Corey Cubs PTA
Please make sure to join PTA for the 2021-2022 school year at www.joinpta.org! Registration for next year begins in July of 2021.
Remember, PTA isn’t just for parents and teachers! Students, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, business leaders, community members, and other staff members all help enhance the experiences of our students! 💙
2021-2022 Corey PTA Incoming Board Members
Congratulations to ALL incoming 2021-2022 PTA Board Members! We look forward to continuing to work together to benefit our Corey Cubs. We appreciate your dedication and support!
School Supply Packs
Our Corey Cubs PTA will be helping in the sale of our School Supply Packs for the 2021-2022 school year. Please stay tuned, as more information will be shared shortly.
Gunn Jr. High PTA
Please click on the link below if you are interested in serving on the Gunn Jr. High PTA next school year.
tarrant county kids
Tarrant County Kids continues to provide before and after school care at Corey. They will also be offering a summer camp during this summer. Please see information below:
Corey Times (Previous Editions)
May 24th - First Grade EOY Awards (8:30 and 9:30 a.m.) Virtual
May 24th - Fourth Grade EOY Awards (10:30 a.m.) Virtual
May 24th - Second Grade EOY Awards (2:00 p.m.) Virtual
May 24th - Martin H.S. Corey Cub Senior Reunion (4:00 p.m.)
May 25th - Field Day (K-6th Grade)
May 25th - Last Day of School (Early Release Day 12:10 p.m.)
May 25th - Sixth Grade Drive-Through Clap-Out (5:00 p.m.)
July 7th - Online Registration Begins through Frontline TEAMS (Parent Self Serve)
August 16th - First Day of School
We share information in many different ways. Please make sure to check our School Story on Class Dojo frequently. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter (please see below).