- Followers of Islam are called Muslim
- As of 2010, there were an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims around the world
- Around 62% of the world's Muslims live in the Asia-Pacific region (from Turkey to Indonesia),
This is a follower of Islam
- How it began -Muhammad claimed to receive divine revelation from the archangel Gabriel, who also appears in the Judeo-Christian Bible, according to Evidence for Christianity. The Islamic tradition rebels against the idea of Jesus Christ as the literal son of God. Muslims believe that the core belief system of Christianity, the Trinity and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, is deeply flawed.
- When it began- first half of the 7th century A.D. In 610 A.D
- Where it began- Middle East, specifically in Mecca, now part of Saudi Arabia.
- Spread- Muhammad and his followers spread the teachings of Islam
Basic beliefs- Islams believe in one god and they do not believe in reincarnation . The code of behavior is to show trust and kindness. The 5 pillars of Islam are things every Islam has to do to have a good life .
- Holy book- The holy Text of Islam is the Qur’an . It has all of their beliefs .
- Sacred place of worship- mosque
- Symbols- The star and crescent is the best-known symbol used to represent Islam. The symbol is not Muslim in origin, it was a icon adopted during the spread of Islam
- Celebration, festivals, and holidays
- Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha