Who is homer?
- The Odyssey is Homer's epic of Odysseus' 10-year struggle to return home after the Trojan War.
- While Odysseus battles mystical creatures and faces the wrath of the gods
- Odysseus's most memorable quality is not his bravery or strength though he is brave and strong
- He has cleverness
- Ancient Greek tradition, as well as a study of the language and style of the poems, indicates that he probably lived and wrote in the ninth centuries B.C.
- In ancient times, seven different cities claimed the honor of having been his birthplace.
- Homer may have come from the island of Chios, on the western coast of Asia Minor
- A family of the same name lived there and claimed him as an ancestor
- it is highly that Homer was a native and resident of some part of Eastern Greece or Asia Minor, he used in his works is that of the Asian Greeks.
Links To Work