Who Was Adolf Hitler?
Hitler was born in Austria, in 1889. He was the leader of National Socialist German Workers Party, which is known like Nazi Party. He was one of the most powerful dictator's of all the time.
How Was The Life of Adolf Hitler?
Adolf Hitler wasn't very popular in school, he had few friends. He was not a hardworking student.
His parents died early. After it, he became poor and he had to earn money. Hitler spent his time painting post cards which he hoped to sell. After a time he started hating the Jews.
Why Did He Hate Jews?
In Vienna, he sent his drawings to the Vienna Academy of Art but they didn't accept them. He started thinking that the professor who rejected his drawings was Jewish. Hitler's mother died because of cancer and he became convinced that a Jewish doctor had been responsible for his mother’s death.
He thought only Jewish people, who were rich, were living in the beautiful town houses of Vienna. He also held Jews responsible for the collapse of the monarchy and ruination in Germany.
For More Information, You Can Watch This Video About Adolf Hitler
How Did The Nazis Form?
In September 1919 Adolf Hitler joined a very small political party called the German Workers' Party which had only 40 members. After a time, he became leader of the party. He was a powerful populist from now on.
He and his supporters were walking on the streets but the police fired them. Hitler was arrested; he was found guilty of helping the enemies in his country. He stayed in the prison for 9 months.
- In the prison, he wrote his book Mein Kamp, "My Struggle" (in English) which he told his politic and antisemitic ideas. He started giving speeches to people, he learned how to persuade them to think like himself. He thought that Jews were a separate race and "they couldn't be German."
Headlines of The Newspapers
They used a lot of money on the newspapers. They put effective slogans and headlines to encourage people support their party. They used drawings to disparage Jews.
They tried to show Hitler as a man who had a great vision in the past (which was wrong.)
He targeted specific groups of society with different slogans.
~ After a time, some businessmen, such as industrialists gave money to Hitler and supported him. This made him gain more power.
He was elected on the November 1932 Election and a fearful period started for the Jews. Which we name it "The Holocaust."
- "How Did the Nazis Gain Power?" The Holocaust Explained. The Wiener Library, 2016. Web. 13 Feb. 2017.
- Skatrix.com, Programming:. "Who Were the Nazis?" Who Were the Nazis? N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2017.
- "Adolf Hitler." History Learning Site. N.p., 26 May 2015. Web. 13 Feb. 2017.
- "Adolf Hitler - Facist Ruler." Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, 30 Dec. 2016. Web. 13 Feb. 2017.
- "Propaganda in Nazi Germany." History Learning Site. N.p., 09 Mar. 2015. Web. 15 Feb. 2017.
- "BBC - GCSE Bitesize - Hitler's Rise to Power." BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2017.
- "Hitler Comes to Power." United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2017.