The 10-year anniversary of OGP will unfold over the next months with a series of activities, resources and events which will start on the day we were launched on September 20 and culminate at the OGP Global Summit hosted by the Republic of Korea from December 15-17 2021.
As we mark our 10th anniversary, we know that everyone in our community has a story to tell. Ours was written by you. That’s why we’re launching OpenStories, a hub for reformers across the Partnership to share their open gov success stories and challenges and get inspired by their peers around the world.
This milestone anniversary is more than a reflection of the open government reforms achieved in the last decade and the champions behind them. In the next few months, we’re looking forward to engaging with the community to discuss priorities, solutions and shape the next 10 years of open government.
Join us on social media using the hashtag #OGP10. Find a series of suggested social media messages and related hashtags below.
To acknowledge the achievements of the open government community in the past 10 years and look ahead to the future of OGP, we’re excited to share a variety of activities and different resources. The following links will be live on Monday, September 20th at 7 AM EDT.
OpenStories: Explore stories from across the open government community, plus submit your own to our revamped stories hub. Everyone has a story. Ours was written by you!
Anniversary Blog: Take a look back on 10 major open gov lessons we learned with you over the past 10 years.
Faces of Open Gov: OGP envoy Rakesh Rajani reflects on the first 10 years of OGP and his hopes for the future of open gov.
OGP Global Summit: Check out the new summit website created by our government co-chairs, the Republic of Korea.
Pre-Summit Events: Join us for a series of events in the lead up to the summit.
- IRM Week: Join the Independent Reporting Mechanism (IRM) October 25 - 29 for a week of activities to spotlight the latest findings on the performance of OGP members, including learnings and highlights from the IRM Refresh.
- OGP Academy: Join OGP and the Korean Development Institute School of Public Policy and Management (KDI) November 15-19 for a week of activities designed to engage academics and experts, share new research developments, and explore future opportunities for research collaborations in open government.
- More pre-summit events to be announced soon!
Open Government Awards: The two tracks for our anniversary awards – the OGP Impact Awards and the OGP Local Innovation Awards – will be open for a people’s choice vote from October 18 - 22.
OGP 2021 Stakeholder Survey: Let us know how the OGP Support Unit is helping you achieve your open gov goals and how we can improve. Submit your feedback by October 15 in English, Spanish or French.
In the lead up to the OGP Global Summit in December, we’ll be sharing even more stories and videos, a podcast, resources, and events. Check our social media accounts, the Ten Years of OGP webpage and this toolkit for future releases.
Join the Conversation
Join thousands of people around the world celebrating #OGP10 on social media.
Your support to spread the word by posting to social media will continue to amplify the need for transparent, participatory, inclusive, and accountable governance.
We have included suggested social media posts and graphics to illustrate your messages. You are free to adapt the #OGP10 content and the supporting graphics and messages to your own government or organization. More photos can be found in this folder and OGP's Flickr account.
HASHTAGS: #OGP10 (English + Spanish), #PGO10 (French)
- English: #OpenGov, #OpenStories, #OGPSummit
- Spanish: #GobiernoAbierto, #HistoriasAbiertas, #OGPSummit
- French: #GouvOuvert, #HistoiresOuvertes, #OGPSummit
- Ten Years of OGP webpage: bit.ly/OGP10
- OpenStories website: ogpstories.org
- Summit website: ogpsummit.org
Excited to celebrate @opengovpart’s 10-year anniversary! Onwards for more transparent, participatory, inclusive and accountable governments. #OGP10 #OpenGov bit.ly/OGP10
🎉 @opengovpart is turning 10! We’re proud to have been working alongside #OpenGov partners in [country/locality] since [when you engaged in OGP] to change the way the government serves its citizens. #OGP10
Together with 78 countries and 76 local communities, we are working to make governments more transparent, participatory, inclusive, and accountable. Congratulations, @opengovpart community! Next stop: #OGPSummit. #OGP10
We need new, strong and ambitious #OpenGov reforms. Join us in celebrating the achievements of [country/locality] the past [number of years country/locality has been a member] years as an @opengovpart member and our ambitions for the years ahead! #OGP10
Everyone has a story, together we have a mission. There are a million stories out there and we at [organization/ministry/local department] are part of helping write OGP’s. Happy 10th anniversary to all the reformers that make up the @opengovpart community! #OGP10 #OpenGov ogpstories.org
Happy 10 years to the @opengovpart community! The celebrations begin today, but the work continues. Looking forward to the #OGPSummit and other key opportunities to shape the future of #OpenGov. bit.ly/OGP10
Excited to see so many inspiring stories on the new #OpenStories site! Looking forward to contributing to the platform and sharing [country/locality/organization]’s #OpenGov story! #OGP10 ogpstories.org
SUGGESTED FACEBOOK POSTS
- We’re excited to celebrate @opengovernmentpartnership’s 10-year anniversary! Together with 78 countries and 76 local communities, we are working to make governments more transparent, participatory, inclusive, and accountable. #OGP10 bit.ly/OGP10
- Happy 10 years to the @opengovernmentpartnership community! We’re happy to work with this unique global community of reformers to build more resilient democracies, fight against corruption, include marginalized communities and enhance citizen participation. #OGP10 #OpenGov bit.ly/OGP10
- We need new, strong and ambitious #OpenGov reforms. Join us in celebrating the achievements of [country/locality] the past [number of years country/locality has been a member] years as an @opengovernmentpartnership member and our ambitions for the years ahead! #OGP10 bit.ly/OGP10
- Everyone has a story, together we have a mission. There are a million stories out there and we at [organization/ministry/local department] are part of helping write OGP’s. Happy 10th anniversary to all the reformers that make up the @opengovernmentpartnership community! #OGP10 #OpenGov ogpstories.org
SUGGESTED INSTAGRAM POSTS
- Happy 10th anniversary to all the reformers that make up the @opengovpartnership community! #OGP10 #OpenGov Over the past ten years over 4,500 reforms contributed in building more resilient democracies, fighting against corruption, including marginalized communities and enhancing citizen participation. Learn more at bit.ly/OGP10.
- Everyone has a story, together we have a mission. There are a million stories out there and we at [organization/ministry/local department] are part of helping write OGP’s. Happy 10th anniversary to all the reformers that make up the @opengovpartnership community! #OGP10 #OpenGov. Learn more at ogpstories.org.