Si Tu Dois Partir…. Partir Pour Le Danube!
Cruise the stunning River Danube with Fairport Convention
22nd - 29th June 2021
Following the rapid sell-out of their 2020 Rhine cruise, Fairport Convention are delighted to invite you to join them in June 2021 on the trip of a lifetime along the beautiful River Danube.
Casting off in the wonderful UNESCO World Heritage city of Budapest and then taking in Bratislava, Vienna, Wachau, Salzburg, Linz and Regensburg, this is a unique opportunity to combine fabulous scenery, fascinating city sights and cultural experiences with luxurious accommodation, gourmet food, free-flowing quality wines and 5 nights brilliant entertainment from Fairport and Friends.
In this intimate setting you will have the opportunity to meet, chat and socialise with Simon, Peggy, Chris, Ric and Gerry who have promised to reveal some hidden talents - we will let you guess which band member is a keen magician, and which of them has ambitions to be a stand up comedian!
Budapest - Passau
22nd - 29th June 2021
Prices from £1749pp sharing
Experience the Amadeus difference.... A family run company with a focus on 're-inventing river cruising'
There will be songs old and new from the Fairports of course, plus solo sets and perhaps appearances from a 'friend' or two of the band. Enjoy an unforgettable music filled cruise aboard one of the newer additions to the Amadeus Fleet ~ The MS Amadeus Queen. Your luxurious floating home from home. With only 150 guests on board, you really don't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity....
Read on for more info.....
First Class Service
Aboard Amadeus Imperial you will find that hospitality is more than just a tradition, it is a passion – a passion you will experience in every detail, from beautifully-appointed surroundings and gourmet dining selections to the enthusiastic professionalism of those taking care of you. With a staff and crew trained to the highest standards of service, the ambience onboard is friendly, welcoming and relaxed, perfectly designed to make you feel right at home in the heart of Europe.
Just breathe deeply, enjoy, discover. Experience a new sensation every day as you relax. Learn about foreign cultures and make new friendships. Or sit back and admire the fabulous panorama as you float past. And with all this rich variety one thing remains the same, the warm welcome you will receive from the AMADEUS family the moment you step on board.
The Finest Way to Travel
City, countryside, river and so much more! Enter a world of wonderful contrasts, of bustling cities that turn into dreamy, romantic villages and cultural landmarks that make way for impressive natural wonders.
Exploring on Land
A river cruise offers you what is probably the most comfortable way to discover new countries, cultures and people and with an optional shore excursion in every port of call, you'll be spoilt for choice. You can, for example, enjoy wine tasting in Durnstein, visit the vibrant cities of Budapest, Bratislava & Vienna, enjoy an optional day trip to Salzburg and the picturesque village of Mondsee, best known as the film location for 'The Sound of Music'. Whatever you decide, all the excursions are unique and are sure to be unforgettable! Or simply enjoy your time on board and relax in the pool instead
Amadeus have successfully turned their distinctive Austrian hospitality, which underpins all their cruises, into an exclusive trademark. Allow yourself to be thoroughly spoilt by the attentive crew, who will do their best to serve you with what you want before you’ve even asked for it!
Cultural & Culinary Delights
On an Amadeus river cruise your taste buds go on a voyage of discovery too, ensuring you enjoy the region’s culinary treats as well as its scenic treasures.
Get the day off to a good start by tackling the magnificent breakfast buffet in the elegant Panorama Restaurant. For lunch there is the choice between varied menus and buffet specialties in the restaurant. In the afternoon experienced patissiers produce exquisite desserts each day and spoil you with lovingly prepared cakes and pastries to go with your tea or coffee. Carefully composed evening 5-course menus provide the taste buds with all sort of surprises, serving regional specialties of the areas visited.
Specific dietary requirements always catered for
- DAY 1 - EMBARKATION – BUDAPEST
- This afternoon, embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. During the evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
- Afterwards enjoy meeting your fellow sailors and the band in the lounge
- DAY 2: BUDAPEST - ESZTERGOM
- Discover the beautiful sights and attractions of the Hungarian capital. Take a walk or a city tour to explore both the Buda and the Pest sides of the city, both of which boast beautiful Baroque buildings. We leave Budapest at lunchtime. In the afternoon, you can join an excursion to two picturesque destinations, both with a rich history, namely the former imperial residence and capital of Hungary, Esztergom, as well as the artists’ town of Szentendre. We arrive in Esztergom in the evening, where passengers who chose to take part in the afternoon’s expedition will re-join the ship. During dinner, we will depart for Slovakia.
- This evening join your fellow travellers for a delicious dinner followed by entertainment in the lounge
- DAY 3 - BRATISLAVA
- In the morning, we call at our next capital city - the Slovakian capital of Bratislava. Walking through the city, see the home of the Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra, the old city walls, the summer residence of the archbishop and the current residence of the president of Slovakia. You can also walk through the restored old town, from Michael’s Gate, and admire sights such as the Primatial Palace and St. Martin’s Cathedral, a former coronation cathedral for Hungarian kings.
- This afternoon's optional excursion offers the opportunity to visit impressive Schloss Hof, a former Imperial Palace acquired in 1726 by Eugene of Savoy and redesigned to impress Empress Maria Theresia - with its aristocratic palace, terraced garden and tranquil estate farm. Enjoy dinner onboard before the vessel departs Slovakia, and crosses into Austria.
- After dinner join Fairport in the lounge for the evenings entertainment
DAY 4 - VIENNA
- There is much to see in Imperial Vienna: its palaces, Museums Quarter displaying works by artists Egon Schiele and Gustav Klimt, the impressive buildings along the Ringstrasse, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the famous Vienna State Opera among many others.
- This afternoon perhaps venture to Schönbrunn Palace, the sumptuous summer palace and gardens of Empress Maria Theresia and the Habsburg empire.
- This evening offers an optional excursion to attend the “Sound of Vienna” and listen to the Alt Wien Orchestra play popular pieces from Vienna’s classical era - a perfect end to your Vienna experience.
- Alternatively, remain on board for more fun with Fairport.
DAY 5 - DURNSTEIN - MELK / EMMERSDORF
- The romantic Wachau is one of the most beautiful landscape regions of Austria, and in the morning your AMADEUS ship docks in Dürnstein, a town well-known for its first-class wines, which you can taste during the morning sightseeing walk.
- At lunchtime, we continue towards Melk and Emmersdorf. Enjoy magnificent architecture and fascinating glimpses into history on a visit to the Benedictine Abbey of Melk, which is approximately 900 years old and is the largest Baroque abbey in Austria.
- In the evening, your ship leaves the Wachau and heads for Linz.
- Entertainment in the lounge
DAY 6 - LINZ - PASSAU
- Early in the morning, we reach the erstwhile cultural capital of Linz. You have a choice between a full-day excursion to the Mozart-town of Salzburg, or a sightseeing walk through Linz.
- Those who opt for the latter will re-embark at Aschau at lunchtime and cruise towards the Bavarian town of Passau. In Passau, you have the opportunity to take part in a sightseeing walk. Afterwards, the guests who opted for the Salzburg tour will re-join the ship.
- This eventful day culminates with a Captain's Dinner on board and your final evening of 'formal' music as we cruise towards Regensurg.
Day 7 - REGENSBURG
- In the morning, we arrive in Regensburg, which boasts one of the most beautiful old towns in Germany.
- After breakfast, enjoy the cultural treasures of this romantic town during an optional sightseeing walking tour, while in the afternoon, you can visit the well-known Weltenburg Abbey with its own brewery, where you can taste its famous, dark Weltenburg beer.
- In the evening, a traditional Bavarian dinner awaits you on board and afterwards, your ship heads for Passau.
DAY 8 - FAREWELL
- In the early morning, we reach Passau, the last stop of our cruise. After a generous breakfast, it's time to disembark and join your transfer to the airport (Munich) or enjoy a few extra days holiday. (Optional pre-post cruise add-ons available, please contact us for details)
£200pp deposit required to secure your place
- Suite - Walk out exterior balcony Mozart Deck 284 sq.ft £2949pp
- Cat A1 - Drop down panoramic window Mozart Deck 188 sq.ft £2449pp
- Cat B1 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188 sq.ft £2349pp
- Cat B4 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188sq.ft £2149pp [FULL]
- Cat C1 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172 sq.ft £1849pp
- Cat C4 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172sq.ft £1749pp [FULL]
- Single Occupancy B1 - Strauss Deck - £3139 [FULL]
- Single Occupancy C1 - Haydn Deck - £2549 [FULL]
- Please contact us if you are interested in sharing with another solo traveller.
- Large, outside river-view staterooms, most with French balconies (wall to wall drop down window) or walk-out balconies
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Gourmet dining every night
- Services of an experienced English-speaking onboard Cruise Director
- 24 hour coffee station
- 5 nights of programmed entertainment (First and last night will be impromptu)
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for optional excursions
- All local taxes & port charges included
- Optional Excursion Package available (please ask for details)
- Airport transfer to/from ship on 22/06/21 & 29/06/21
Flights to Budapest and from Munich not included. This gives you the flexibility to extend your stay pre/post cruise if you wish and travel the airport of your choice. We are happy to assist with flight bookings as well as pre/post cruise stays.
Expect "Fairport Unconventional" – a unique opportunity for a maximum of 150 fans to share a wonderful experience and generate some magical memories with five of the nicest icons of British music history.
Dress code throughout will be smart casual - no formal nights.
Let’s Meet on the Amadeus!
For Bookings & Enquiries contact Harmony Voyages - email@example.com or speak with Andy or Angela on +44 (0)1254 476075 or Mobile: +44 (0)7545 493902 OR (0)7545 493906
Got a question? - please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)1254 476075