MIDDLE SCHOOL IN-SEAT SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS
• All in-seat middle school students will have the opportunity to attend class in person on Wednesdays (all five days will be offered in-person). Students can still elect to remain virtual on Wednesdays, if they choose.
• The last week of Middle School (6/14-6-16) will be in-person half days for in-seat students.
• Student support time will be offered in person for current in-seat students for the remainder of the year (note: busses will continue to run on the same schedule they do now, so students who opt to stay for student support will need to provide their own transportation home). Virtual students and in-seat students who go home can still access student support time virtually.
• There will continue to be NO student support on Wednesdays.
• Middle School students who elect to stay for student support time will be provided a place to wait for teachers until the appropriate time. Students support time will remain at the end of the day in the middle school schedule.
We are expecting our yearbooks to arrive soon! Yearbooks will be distributed to all in-seat students on Monday, June 14th. For our virtual students, yearbooks can be picked up after-school on Monday, June 14th or from 8:00 - 3:00 on Tuesday, June 15th and Wednesday, June 16th.
Upcoming A/B Schedule
Week of June 7th -- June 11th
Monday, June 7th -- B Day
Tuesday, June 8th -- A day
Wednesday, June 9th -- B Day -- 8th grade sign delivery to homes (1:30 - 3:30)
Thursday, June 10th -- A day
Friday, June 11th -- B day
You are invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online until June 6! Through offering this book fair, we hope to keep kids reading over the summer and raise critical funds for our media center. To do this, we are offering everyone a special 10% discount at the fair! Use offer code SHARE10 when you check out to receive this discount.
Starting on May 24, our book fair will be open for shopping at this link. Until then, you can view the digital flyer HERE! (Flip to page 9 for the middle school titles.)
Would you like to honor one of our wonderful Boulan teachers with an end-of-the-year gift? Consider donating to your teacher’s Scholastic eWallet—s/he will use all donated funds to purchase books from the book fair for his/her classroom library. Please see this Google Form to access our teacher’s eWallets and to give them a donation to help restock their classroom libraries.
8th grade parents—If your child is enrolled in 9 LC in the fall, you can purchase The Hate U Give and Refugee from the book fair, which are both on the 9LC summer reading list.
Once our online fair opens on May 24, enjoy these special shopping features:
Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
All orders ship direct to home
FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25
All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
You can create an eWallet for your child so friends and family can contribute
On May 24 to June 6, visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop the Virtual Fair” to get started. Any questions, please contact Mrs. Chatel at email@example.com.
Any eighth-grade boy who loves playing basketball and will be attending Troy High in the fall, is invited to participate in a summer basketball program at the high school when the school year concludes. If interested, please contact Coach Gary Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Anybody 8th grader interested in Boys soccer at Troy High School in the fall should visit the team website for more information. Tryout registration, important dates, and summer activities are all available.
Troy Sports Camps are returning this summer! There are many great opportunities to gain fantastic coaching, experience, and have some fun this summer through this Troy School District and Troy Parks & Recreation partnership. Check out all the options for middle school students in the link below.
Virtual Club Information
BGCT IS BACK!!! Following our successful summer program in 2020 despite COVID-related challenges, we plan to offer a bigger and better Summer Program in 2021, all the while maintaining a safe and positive environment for our members and staff.
Registration will open on our website, www.bgctroy.org, on Monday, March 1st. In the meantime, click here for more information regarding our Summer Program and fun add-on programs in add more fun to your child's summer. If you have any questions regarding our Summer Program or any of our other programs currently running, please give us a call (248) 689-1687.
Have a wonderful weekend,