How faith-building was the response to the introduction of the Nehemiah Project last Sabbath!
Here are some of the responses for which people volunteered:
- To pay for and to oversee the large women’s bathroom remodel
- To purchase and have delivered all new LED bulbs and a light-bulb changing pole for the main lights in the sanctuary
- To follow-up with a bid for re-roofing the two large flat roofs of the church building
- To purchase new matts for the entrances of the church.
- To upgrade the memory of the Connection Center’s computer, so it will function properly as a station to pay tithe, record requests for membership transfers and as a place for guests to provide feedback on the service.
These love-driven offers were in conjunction with those already committed to
- Repair and repaint, as needed, the hallways of the church (we may need to purchase paint beyond which our church member has arranged to be donated by Sherwin Williams).
- To repair, rewire and replace all the parking lots lights at cost (finished)
- To install all new lighting around the periphery of the Church building (finished)
- To purchase and install the Connection Center (finished with 1/2 the funds donated by our Sunday renter
- To purchase new televisions for our sanctuary and connection center (finished) Installation is being offered by our Audio-Visual Coordinator. Beyond the donated funds moneys, the balance was charged to the audio-visual department budget.)
- All three phases of the HVAC system replacement have been substantially completed with at-cost pricing for the new boilers, new control system, and new chillers/compressors. Noise reducing outdoor unit enclosure materials still need funding and installation with an offer received by contractor for labor charge of $300.
- To build a handrail to assist in safely walking up and down the stairs of the sanctuary platform.
Your Pastors could not be more proud of the response to the sermon last sabbath called “Who will serve the Lord”. The biggest challenge will be to raise money for the building fund to replace the flat roofs of the church. Estimates, bids, and funds donated will be reported in the next newsletter!
One Thousand Blessings!
Sabbath July 6th
- 9:15AM Sabbath School
- 9:30AM Audio/Visual Material due to A/V Team
- 10:40 am Worship Service: Communion
- 12:30PM Family First Sabbath( No Potluck)
- 8:37PM Sunset
Young Adult Retreat
August 16-18, 2019 all Young Adults are invited to attend a weekend retreat at Meadowkirk Delta Farm. The weekend will be filled with quiet restful time, star gazing, fellowship around a fire pit, and more. The cost is $50 per person, due August 5. The cost covers meals on Saturday and Sunday and lodging for 2 nights. Space is limited to 20. Location: 38012 Delta Farm Lane, Middleburg, VA 20177.
If you’re interested or have questions, text Jin Kim (703)626-8030 or the Vienna Young Adults WhatsApp group.
Join us for Prayer Sabbath, on July 27, 2019. Our theme will be on prayers for our families. Tamyra Horst will be the guest speaker, author of the book Teach Us to Pray.
We’ve all had those moments where we feel connected to God, but does it seem like that’s all it ever is—moments? Is it possible to have an everyday connection with Jesus? Join David Asscherick and Ty Gibson from July 25-28 in Columbia, MD for a concentrated ARISE experience breaking down the story of Scripture and practical tools for a daily experience with God. Save your spot with a ticket from ariseintensive.com.
Featured Link: Adventist Review Tv
It’s Free. Family-friendly. Inspirational content on demand. Available on multiple devices. Content categories include Lifestyle, Kids, Nature and Science, Business and Money, Short films, Documentaries, Devotionals, and Trending now…
911 – Is God Listening?
“Call to me and I will answer you” Jer. 33:3
If you would like to request special prayer, please email email@example.com and Vienna’s Prayer Team will pray for your needs. Each request will be treated with confidentiality. Or use the Prayer Text Line – Send your prayer requests to (541) 646-6384. Garden of Prayer – After the worship service, there will be a prayer meeting in the Kindergarten room. Anyone with prayer needs is invited to attend.
Volunteers Needed International Sabbath:
Many volunteers will be needed for this much-anticipated event in September 2019. Stay tuned…
If you have need for volunteers or you would like to volunteer, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Pictures and news!
We want to share how active and vibrant Vienna SDA Church members are! Send us your pictures and write-up an article that we can include in the newsletter. Email us at email@example.com, thanks!
Send us your Comments/suggestions
The goal of the Vienna SDA Church Newsletter is to inform members of upcoming events, provide encouragement, and share information. We welcome your comments and suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!
Did you Know?
We’re on social media! You can follow Vienna SDA Church on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Financial Peace University
On June 29, participants of the Financial Peace University celebrated with a successful graduation upon completing lesson 9. Led by Grow Group Coordinator Bill Atkins, one of his neighbors joined the last class, enjoyed fellowship with the graduates, and said she wished she had started with the first lesson!!
Throughout the nine weeks and lessons, we had seven regular attendees and three were dedicated participants. Of the seven regulars, four were not members of Vienna SDA Church, however, two of the four attend our worship services on occasions.
Three certificates for completing eight of the nine lessons were awarded. Also, we had a drawing for gifts of the books Total Makeover by Dave Ramsey and $25 gift cards.
Refreshments were served as we enjoyed the conclusion of a very rewarding experience. Additionally, I recommended two of the graduates should consider presenting FPU because they did so well and seem to benefit the most from the learning and exchange of thoughts with the questions from the fellow participants.
Enjoy Pictures of Vacation Bible School! – June 17-June 2
A big thank you to Benilda bonilla and all the volunteers that made vbs a sucess!!