Enable students to understand the world around them and talents within them so that they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens.
Alternative education is a program operated as a subdivision of the regular K-12 program. It is designed for students who can be better served in an alternative delivery system. Students served include those who have specific needs and are often at risk of not graduating. Alternative education programs seek to provide added flexibility and alternative instructional models.
We believe in fresh starts and new beginnings. Riverview East believes in the unlimited potential of every student.
What makes Riverview unique?
- Caring compassionate staff focused on developing meaningful relationships
- Emphasis on mutual respect
- Appreciation of diverse individual learners
- Individualized instruction
- Teacher and student mentors
- Smaller class sizes
- Opportunity to earn open lunch privilege
- Community partnerships and projects
- Hands-on learning
- No homework assignments
- Staff and students on first name basis
- Mutual respect and support for all staff and students
- Trimester schedule aids in credit recovery
- Online learning options
- Student voice/choice
- Focus on academic and social/emotional growth
- Part of the XQ Super School Project, a nationwide initiative to #rethinkhighschool