Lesson 1 - Playground Basics
List of five to ten apps you use regularly. What made you download it in the first place? What need does it meet? Write down the problem you think each app solves. What is its purpose?
1) WhatsApp : In order to make easier to talk to family members, friends and classmates by doing group chats; it meets the need of online communication and solves its difficulties by making it more approachable and easier to communicate internationally.
2) Instagram : Downloaded due to the popularity of the application, because it meets the need of uploading a picture to your profile for your followers. In my perspective, it helps to make connections with people from different parts of the world by seeing their photos / videos who see the world in interesting ways; also the point is to get followers, by they liking your pictures.
3) Snapchat : Downloaded also by the popularity of the app, after a while I understood how the app worked and I may say that is quite an addiction. The point of this app is to upload moments (10s) from your daily life and after 24h it's erased. It meets the need of uploading something cool that happened on your day but you don't have to necessarily upload to (ex.) Instagram.
4) Facebook : I downloaded due to the easiness of sending and communicating with other classmates for school works (:). It meets the need of communicating constantly with long-distance people and family. The purpose of Facebook is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.
5) Twitter : This app was practically the first social media I got; I downloaded it because I wanted to "keep in touch" with my favourite artists and see what they posted. Nowadays, I can see how people use Twitter for "expressing openly" towards someone or something (which I think it has its pros & cons). Twitter's main purpose is to communicate with friends, follow people of interest and share your views, and also to be a source of up to date.
6) Spotify : I gotta say that I didn't like Spotify for a long period of time, until now (last months of 3rd semester). Spotify is an app that provides a service, the service of music. It solves the problem of paying constantly for listening to music, it's accesible due to their several plans they provide (Classic or Premium).
Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram (old logo), Facebook, WhatsApp
Lesson 2 - Naming and Identifiers
Brainstorm for apps you want to make.