Minutes 2.6 Secretary, Regan Cobb

Convocation given by Senator Crosland.

Roll taken by Secretary Cobb.

Senators Cullen and Hooper found absent.

Academics: Leland Dunwoodie

  • Shoutout
  • Monica
  • F & P Lindsey
  • Updates
  • Your Voice.
  • Feedback form for CUSG emails
  • Open Access Resources
  • Application for $2,000 stipend open
  • Projects
  • Major/Minor Fair | Feb 13 | Hendrix | 12-2
  • NIMS w/ Perry
  • Pre-med packet
  • DIRS
  • Scott Baier | Econ + Trade
  • Tuesday | 12:30pm | Cooper Lobby
  • Ideas for AA
  • Ideas Form
  • Contact Info
  • Leland Dunwoodie | 269-759-4768 | ldunwoo@g.clemson.edu

Athletics: Trevor Newton

  • Ticketing Updates
  • Banner, Jonathon, and Izzy will be working to write up a formal policy
  • Jordan and I looking into ADA compliance issues in the stadium
  • Collegiate Club Restructuring
  • Hutch, Evan, and Gray to work it ISAB to start conversations on restricting collegiate club
  • Campus Recreation Updates
  • Bids to be submitted this week for Snow facility
  • Racquet ball court study to be completed soon
  • Clemson Marketing Committee
  • Calm before the Roar
  • March 1st vs. NC STATE….DEFINITELY HAPPENING
  • Joey and I made the jumbotron
  • Jack and Katie will be working on a marketing push for this throughout the month
  • BASKETBALL UPDATES
  • Beat GT this week
  • FSU Sunday at 12:30
  • FOOTBALL UPDATES
  • 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS (This will stay here every week)
  • Contact Info: Phone: (864)-508-6334
  • Email: trevorn@g.clemson.edu

Campus Life: Robert Lee Storey

  • Partnering with the Gantt Center on Ally and other diversity training opportunities.
  • Adding HCH videos to the front of the TigerFlix programs to boost student awareness
  • Trying to add these to the dining hall televisions
  • Pleas share for points
  • Rachel is looking to host multicultural days in the dining halls where we bring attention to various cultures through different food choices.
  • Input for Campus Life? Mention it here! http://goo.gl/forms/9iOUDqvkVn

Finance and Procedures: Lindsey Wright

  • Three pieces of legislation:
  • Organization Bylaw Changes
  • Funding Board Bylaw Changes
  • Funding Board Appointments
  • Miller, Rachel, and B sitting Elections Committee as liaisons from F&P
  • If you have any elections related questions, please contact me first and then Emma. Her email is emmalis@g.clemson.edu
  • Next funding board is THIS WEDNESDAY
  • Funding board and F+P will be having a joint session soon to discuss future funding structure proposals
  • Spring budget hearings: February 23, 24, 27, and 28th
  • Meeting with AJ this week about handbook ~stuff~
  • B and Damian moving forward with OCES administrators
  • John met with Warber this week and is moving forward with mentor program
  • Miller got funding for safety poles!!! YEET
  • As always, hmu if you have any questions or just wanna chat (864) 421-5006 @lindseywrong

Health and Human Services: Jess Schnorr

  • Madison: updates on resolution supporting those affected by the executive order
  • Hard Waiver Programming: it’s a no.
  • Peer Mental Health Support Group: Resolution coming soon, writing proposal
  • Still assisting Healthy Campus in their efforts to establish a Collegiate Recovery Community on campus to help students coping with substance abuse.
  • Met with Dr. Clay within the Office of Student Affairs to talk about CAPS wait times and increasing the number of CAPS trained professionals as a way to serve the increasing need of the students
  • Jordan is meeting this Friday to present a plan for ADA regulated seats in the student section of both Memorial Stadium and Littlejohn Coliseum.
  • Working with T&F on ADA regulated Tiger Transit buses: assessing based on need
  • Thank you for continuing to be so engaged with the projects that each of my committee members have worked so hard on all term. hmu: 843.619.1555 // jschnor@g.clemson.edu // @yayyjesss // snapchat me: yayyjesss // be my guardian in Clem

Transportation and Facilities: JAcob McMeekin

  • Major Projects for the Semester:
  • Bike Share Implementation
  • August and Landon have applied for Capital Improvement
  • LEV Commuter Permits
  • Discussions with Dan on specifics
  • Resolution at end of February (Mando)
  • Potential Green Crescent Trail Resolution with CCD
  • Game Day Transit Options
  • Working on setting up group meeting once Chief Miller is back
  • Continued Red Route Discussions
  • Dan Hofmann came to committee last week
  • Finalizing meeting date with CATbus
  • Parking and Transportation:
  • Bike Share:
  • Should have finalized pricing soon
  • Helmets will be provided upon signing up but are not required
  • Looking at other incentives
  • Membership card will work in Greenville as well, but will not have first two hours free
  • Soft launch last week of March/first week of April
  • Changes in Parking Spots:
  • New employee spots in Thornhill due to relocation of some housing staff
  • Reserved spaces for College Deans and Faculty/Staff Senate- decision made by ELT
  • 24 hour spots in Trustee Lot for communication office- will be monitoring usage throughout the semester
  • Park and Ride:
  • Both R-06 and parking at the Snow Facility will be a park and ride option for students next year. $24 for the year.
  • Bus schedules for lots have not been finalized yet
  • Facilities:
  • Lots of construction updates. If you have a question about a specific project please ask me
  • Estimated time for Infrastructure Update. Some minor work will begin over the Summer. Facilities will be working with T&F over next couple years to ensure student body is fully aware of this construction and its impact on students.
  • Join me for Coffee and Conversation every Thursday at 8:30 in All In: (803)-622-8328 // jmcmeek@g.clemson.edu // Twitter and Insta: @jcmcmeek // Snapchat: jcmmeek

University Services: Dory Askins

  • Major minors fair - Feb 15
  • Study Hours in the Valley committee, please let Bryson know if you want to be on it (843)516-2060
  • Food summit will be this semester, please let Mikey know if you want to be on his committee, (864)328-7441
  • If you want to be an ambassador for NIMS, let Perry know, (864)607-7206
  • Also, for mass student communication, if you have any ideas, let me know

Clerk: Steven Patrick

  • If anybody is interested in running for the position of Clerk, I’d love to discuss!
  • Email: sepatri@g.clemson.edu
  • Phone: 704-369-1752
  • Venmo: @Steven_Patrick

Secretary: Regan Cobb

  • Points Totals:)
  • You’re the Bomb Baton
  • Meet the Senators
  • Capital Improvement (Walk Throughs this Saturday 12-4 and Sunday 1-3:30) I’ll be emailing you exact times for each project. Only legitimate excuses for not being there!!!!
  • Capital Improvement (Senate) 6 quick presentations each followed by question and answer period

Student Body Vp: Nicki Seidman

  • Spring Scene
  • Executive Order meetings
  • If you are interested in being on a Cabinet committee next year, let me know!

Pro Temp: Samuel Reinert

  • Buy formal tickets!!
  • Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s from 1-5 in the offices; sales stop Feb 16th
  • Cash, check, or tilt me ousside
  • http://til.tt/mQ61
  • We got a band!
  • If you’re interested in Pro-Temp let’s talk
  • Exec won arbitrary points

President: David Gundana

  • Meeting with Almeda and Student Affairs got rescheduled
  • Scheduling meetings with Brett Dalton to talk about next year’s fee schedule
  • Nominations open today. Get someone to nominate you and then you can accept or decline. We’ll go down the line (prez, pro temp, secretary, clerk)

Old Business

Bill No.36

Non-Operational Funding

Authors: Cole Halverson and Miller Hoffman

MM: Motion to call bill to question

Bill Passes

Bill No.37

Operational Funding

Authors: Cole Halverson and Miller Hoffman

KD: Motion to call bill to question

Bill Passes

New Business

Bill No.38

To Amend the Student Body Handbook

Authors: Lindsey Wright

CH: How many reads?

KB: 1 read

SR: What is wrong with the formatting?

LW: The numbers are the only things that need formatting.

BD: I motion to suspend the rules and send this bill into 2nd read.

MM: Objection

Motion declined

BB: Motion to make a friendly amendment.

CH: Motion to send bill back to F & P.

Bill No.39

To Amend the Student Body Handbook

Author: Lindsey Wright

SR: How would you feel about the Treasurer having input on this?

LW: I got input from my committee and funding board. I wanted it to be up to the digression of the next F&P chair.

BB: Friendly amendment to lines 1 and 2.

JH: Motion to suspend the rules and send this bill into 2nd read.

SR: (con)

JH: (pro)

JM: (con)

MH: (pro)

MR: (con)

JS: Motion to make a hostile amendment to line 2.

MM: Objection

NS: (pro)

LD: Motion to make a hostile amendment

MF: Does this really add merit?

SR: Send into 2nd read.

SR: (pro)

SP: (con)

JM: (pro)

RR: (con) Motion to make a friendly amendment to this hostile amendment.

NM: (pro)

BS: (con)

MM: (con)

JM: (pro)

LW: (con)

SR: (pro)

MM: I motion to vote on this hostile amendment.

Hostile amendment does not pass.

SR: Motion to call Bill to question.

JS: Objection

Bill passes

Bill No.40

To Confirm Undergraduate Student Government Funding Board Members

Author: Lindsey Wright

MM: Can you explain how they are selected?

FH: There is an interview process. They are elected for life.

LW: It’s a very diverse, qualified group.

MM: Suspend the rules and move bill into 2nd read.

JM: (pro)

JH: Motion to call bill to question.

Bill passes

Created By
Regan Cobb
Appreciate

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.