- Thick and multi-layered fur to conserve heat through the winter months.
- Their hooves are designed for climbing on rough terrain and rocky surfaces.
- The coat of a Lynx changes colors over the seasons to help them camouflage.
- Soft paws aid them in stalking their prey.
- Caribou coats change color with the seasons to help them blend in with their surroundings.
- They have large cloven hooves that help them walk on snowy and rocky terrain.
- Able to soak up water and retain it for long periods of time even through winter months.
- Lack of definite root structure means that they do not need a high quality of soil to thrive.
- Flower is highly toxic to ward off predators.
- Seed heads make sure that the flower will continue on through the winters and bloom in the summers.
- Grows extremely slowly, allowing for a longer growth and time to reproduce.
- Round leaves soak up sun when it is available.