5280 Artist CoOp is a company formed for the purpose of bringing artists together from all disciplines to produce great art that touches the heart of our community. Through poetry, theatre, music, and fine art we strive to deliver experiences that capture the imagination, warm the heart, and uplift the spirit.
- June 15th - HOUSE OF POETRY featuring Henock Wolde
- June 23rd - THE MUSIC LAB featuring Pianist Michael Chipman & Friends - for tickets - CLICK HERE
- July 6th - 8th - For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf (only 5 shows) - for tickets CLICK HERE
- July 20th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- July 21st - THE MUSIC LAB featuring Vocalist/Composer Radjulari
- August 17th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- August 18th - THE MUSIC LAB featuring Monique Roberts-Brooks
- September 15th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- September 23rd - THE MUSIC LAB featuring Tony Exum
- October 19th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- October 20th - THE MUSIC LAB featuring Stephanie Hancock
- November - 16th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- November 17th - THE MUSIC LAB featuring Vincent Johnson
- Dec 7th - 30th - New Stage Play performance
- Janurary 18th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- January 19th - THE MUSIC LAB featuring flutist Michael Hancock
- Feb 1st - 24th - Colorism (The Play)
- March 15th - HOUSE OF POETRY
- March 16th - THE MUSIC LAB
House of Poetry
House of Poetry, with your host "Mahogany," is a monthly showcase of local poets. Each event includes a feature poet and a open mic segment where poets of all skill levels can share their gifts with a live audience. The evening is often augmented with live music, dance and drama. DJ Sun Ra provides music that compliments the flow of the evening. The House is On Fiyah! Don't miss the great event every 3rd Friday of the month. The cost of entry is $10, $5 if you'll be participating in the open mic segment.
5280 Artist Coop strives to present thought provoking original works that entertain and challenge the audience engage in the experience of theatre. Our first production, Colorism, written by Kenya Fashaw, challenges the notion of intra-racial discrimination based on skin tone.