- March 23rd - CPI Initial Class at RELC from 8:00-4:00
- March 27-31- Spring Break
- April 14- New Teacher Training at the District Office
- April 26th- High School and Transition SPED Licensed Staff PATH Training at Brown 1:30-3:30
- May 12- New Teacher Training at the District Office
- Tuesday May 16th from 7:00-12:00- Transition Day
- May 16th-CPR class from 4:00-8:00
- July 11th to Aug 3rd- ESY
ESY- Extended School Year Dates to Remember
May 19th- ESY Parent Response forms are due to Virginia- If you do not get them back from the parent, please call the parent and fill it out over the phone. (if this is filled out over the phone, please write "phone conversation" where parent signature is needed). If these are not turned in on time the student may not be put on a bus route.
- May 19th to June 19th -ESY page of the IEP, goals on the IEP and any medical or behavior protocols need to be sent to Virginia for each student you have going to ESY
- June 1st to June 19th- All individual student learning materials are due before you leave for the summer. Please do the following:
- 1. Put the materials in box with a lid.
- 2. Materials need to be labeled with student name, case manager's name and school
- 3. Put case manager's name and school on the box
- 4. Put a list in the box of all the students you have attending ESY
Teacher Input forms
Here are the links to both the EL Input form and Teacher Input form.
Here is the link to the EL Input form: https://drive.google.com/a/redmondschools.org/file/d/0B5LDzHQS6LWcS1l4T2dmaFhGalFueWh4b2RzQ2hzak9LUkJJ/view?usp=sharingy
Here is the Teacher Input form that was created for secondary: https://docs.google.com/a/redmondschools.org/forms/d/1HUa5_aghypCj7n_Brf1AaZ1j_6IiTg7M8XpT8KW6Vno/edit?usp=sharing
These are the directions for the secondary teacher input form...Please be sure to click the three dots and say "share with collaborators" so gen ed teachers can fill it in: https://docs.google.com/a/redmondschools.org/document/d/1sj_7SJD3t9nuCqKZye0oLI6d1DKG67MNeEIScB23zSw/edit?usp=sharing
This is a googlized version of the Teacher Input form for elementary: All you have to do is share it with your general education teacher. https://docs.google.com/a/redmondschools.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_K_BKiMhy0KU1DjmhU8aDbIe-cL33L5XggLhKsOp8hSGvKw/viewform?usp=sf_link
File Review- There are two parts to the file review. Please be sure BOTH parts are being done and submitted.
Present Level- Please remember to follow the template as your write your present levels. You can find it on our web page
In the area called Academic Achievement you would be documenting both strengths and needs in the areas of math, reading and writing, Under Functional Performance you would be documenting strengths and needs in communication, behavior, social skills, organization, self care, self direction, fine and gross motor skills, etc. If a student does not have any functional performance needs then you would want to document that in the present level. The same goes if they only have functional needs but no academic concerns.
One of the big issues we are having is people are not addressing how the student's disability affects involvement and progress in the general education curriculum under BOTH academic performance and under functional performance. Also, please label the present level so we know all areas are covered
Service Summary- Under related services, supplementary aids and services: accommodations and supplementary aids and services; modifications, if there are no services needed, please write "none needed" and put the dates of the IEP. This let people know that this area was at least considered.
Please remember that as we move into Spring, keep in contact with your building administrators regarding student behavior in relation to suspensions, expulsions, and patterns of behavior. We have requirements with Manifestation Determinations as well as FBA/BIPs.
Keep in mind that if students are suspended from the bus and they have no other way to get to school, these days count toward the 10-day suspension limit. If this is occuring, please connect with the Transportation Department to problem-solve and come up with a support plan and/or alternate consequences.
Offer of transportation for special education falls under the rules around LRE. Please make sure we are not offering transportation due to parent request or preference.
This is for students who are 9th grade through transition only! Exit Interviews and Permission forms have already been shared with you. Please be sure you get signatures BEFORE you interview students.
Who do we interview?
- All sped students who are graduating with any type of diploma or certificate
- Any sped student from 9th grade through 12th grade who has dropped out (please remember dropouts have an additional form to be filled out as well)
- Students who are aging out from the Transition Program
When can we interview them?
- You can interview them as soon as possible. If you interview a student who ends up not graduating it is ok.
What do we do when we are done with the interviews?
Please send the interview along with the permission page to Jen Waterman as soon as you are done.
It is VERY important that you get CURRENT contact information. We use this to contact the students the following year. Please know that Synergy is not always accurate so please ask the student for this information.
- Please remember to include the Teacher Input forms when you send in paperwork. These are needed when a teacher or specialist has been excused from the meeting.
- Extended Measure testing Window is now open and will close on April 27th
- Staff Transfer Request must be done prior to April 7th. See Lynn Evans email for the request.