WELCOME HOMEOWNERSPrepping your home to MAXIMIze photo potential
WHY PREP FOR PHOTOS?
- Make The First Impression Count -
The majority of home buyers start their search online, so it is important to make the first impression count! Follow these tips to prepare your home for the best photos possible.
- Tips for all areas in the home -
1. Thoroughly clean whole house (vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows) 2. Turn all overhead lights and lamps ON
Replace all burned out light bulbs
Use bulbs of the same temperature (ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent) 3. Turn all ceiling fans OFF
Turn all TVs OFF
Turn all computer screens OFF 4. Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light 5. Remove personal photographs (or replace with general landscape/object photographs) 6. Make all beds
Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring 7. Place all shoes/jackets in closets
Online “curb appeal” - the front exterior is usually the first photo buyers see
1. Close garage doors
Remove cars from driveway and front of home 2. Clean up landscaping (mow, trim shrubs, clear leaves) 4. Remove empty planters 5. Use broom to remove cobwebs from eaves and door frames 6. Remove visible water hoses 7. Remove toys, sports balls, basketball goals, soccer goals, etc.
The back yard should be an oasis to relax
1. Clean porch, tidy up outdoor tables/chairs/cushions 2. Pillows/cushions should be fresh, not faded 3. Clear out kid's toys, balls, frisbees, etc. 4. Clean pool
Remove pool vacuum/cleaner hose 5. Hide pool cleaning supplies 6. Turn on pool fountains/water features 7. Remove visible water hoses 8. Remove trash cans
- Sometimes the focal point, the kitchen deserves attention to detail -
1. Clear countertops completely, baking supplies, mail, etc. 2. Leave out max of one small appliance (ex. coffee maker) 3. Clear outside of refrigerator of magnets, papers, photos, etc. 4. Hide garbage cans in pantry or closet 5. Remove dishes from sink, place in dishwasher
DINING ROOM / TABLE
- The space to enjoy conversation and spend quality time with guests -