FWISD Students, Teachers Represent Fort Worth In France, Japan, Swaziland
Fort Worth ISD teachers and students are among a 47-member delegation visiting Fort Worth’s sister cities: Nîmes, France, Nagaoka, Japan and Mbabane, Swaziland this summer.
Students are serving as Youth Ambassadors of Fort Worth. The program promotes leadership skills and participation in a cultural exchange.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Ask Elsie is a column where Chief Financial Officer Elsie Schiro tackles employee queries, or in areas outside her purview, asks other District leaders to answer them.
1. Where can I find the responses to all of the previous questions that “Ask Elsie” has answered?
2. When was the last time the Perks Plus Employee discount program list was updated? If it is more than one year, when can we expect an updated copy? Below is an example of an out-of-date listing: “Great Wolf Lodge * Attn: Dawn Harrison 100 Great Wolf Dr., Grapevine, TX 76051 Phone: 817-722-3881 Fax: 817-722-3946 www.greatwolf.com - 20% off of our best available rates. Includes waterpark admission the day you arrive through the day you depart. Valid on a per night basis, some blackout dates apply. Valid through December 20, 2016. For more information or reservations visit greatwolf.com or call 866-925-9653. Must present valid work ID or documentation at check-in.”
Dear FWISD Employee
I reached out to the Communications Department regarding your first question. Most previous responses that have appeared in Ask Elsie can be found on the Inside FWISD blog. The responses can also be accessed by going back through previous Inside FWISD editions. All editions of the newsletter are available at www.fwisd.org/insidefwisdnewsletters.
I reached out to Brenda DeLeon, FWISD director of compensation and employee records, regarding your second question, and she had this to say on the matter: “The Perks Plus program is monitored on a continuous basis and is updated as needed. It appears the information for Great Wolf Lodge was overlooked but corrected back in April. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; we hope that you continue to access the Perks Plus Program as new businesses are always being added.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance regarding the Perks Plus Program, please contact the Compensation Department at 817-814-2081.”
Thank you for your questions, FWISD Employee, and thank you FWISD Communications Department and Ms. DeLeon for your responses.
Direct your questions to Inside@fwisd.org and put the words "Ask Elsie" in the subject line. Please close your letter with your preferred signature as you wish it to appear in the column. When there are multiple queries on the same subject, we will select the one that is most representative of the subject. We will try to answer as many questions as possible.
#THANKYOUTHURSDAY: VITAL LINK PARTNERS
Thank you to our Vital Link partners.
On Monday, the District launched its 27th year of the program, which allows rising seventh-graders an opportunity to intern a half-day for one week with local businesses. Through the experiences, students observe how reading, mathematics, writing, oral communication, technology and other skills are utilized in the workplace.
This week, students have learned about erosion prevention and watersheds with the Tarrant Regional Water District, and they’ve toured Fire Station No. 2 and the Fort Worth Water Gardens with the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce to name a few activities.
The District’s Vital Link partners are:
- Balfour Beatty Construction
- Blue Zones
- City of Benbrook
- Cook Children’s Medical Center
- Fidelity Investments
- Fidelity Investments/Legal
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Fort Worth Parks and Community Services
- Fort Worth Zoo
- Goodwill Fort Worth
- Linebarger Goggan Blair and Sampson, LLP
- Lockheed Martin
- Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base
- North Central Texas Council of Governments
- Performing Arts of Fort Worth
- Trinity River Authority
- Wells Fargo Advisors
EDITOR'S NOTE: In the latest edition of Fort Worth Snapshot, we share photos of some recent events hosted across the District.
Our Top 2018 Graduation Hats
FWISD Hiring Fairs
PPLE (Principals Professional Learning Event)
Jo Kelly School Graduation