- The first sharks lived 300 million years ago.
- Sharks reach reproductive age anywhere from twelve to fifteen years.
- Sharks belong to the class of fish Chondricthyes.
- Scientists can tell the age of a shark by counting the rings on its vertebrae
- Until the 16th century sharks were referred to as "Sea Dogs".
- There are more than 300 species of sharks.
- A Sharks skeleton is made out of cartilage not bone.
- Most species of sharks swim twenty to thirty miles per hour.
- The speed of a Mako shark is sixty miles per hour.
- Most shark species will drown if they stop moving.
- Shark livers contain lots of oil which helps the shark keep its balance.
- Humans kill more than 100 million sharks each year.
- Thirty to fifty shark attacks are reported each year and only five to ten prove to be fatal.
- The most harmless sharks tend to be the largest.
- Commercial fishers kill millions of sharks each year.
- Sharks have a different variety of foods they eat.
- Sharks are carnivores.
- Great white sharks eat eleven tons of food a year.
- Sharks have great eye sight.
- The whale shark is the largest known shark.
- The whale shark is the largest fish in the world.
- The Mako shark is one of the fastest sharks.
- The blue shark can give birth up to 135 pups in one liter.
- The nickname for a tiger shark is "garbage can" because of weird objects found in the shark's stomach.
- Sharks breath through a series of five to seven gills.
- There skin is made up of series of scales that are like an outer skeleton made for easy movement and saving energy.
- Shark wounds heal quickly.
- Shark bodies are in a shape of a torpedo.
- Sharks are closely related to stingrays.
- A sharks speed helps gain speed and provides balance.
"The 15 Most Surprising Shark Facts." Discovery. 05 June 2015. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.
"Basic Facts About Sharks." Defenders of Wildlife. 19 Sept. 2016. Web. 20 Apr. 2017.
"Shark." Britannica School, Encyclopædia Britannica, 3 Feb. 2017. Web. 26 Apr. 2017.
"SHARK FACT INDEX." Worksheets for Kids. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
"Shark Facts • Interesting Information & Facts About Sharks." Shark Facts. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
"Shark Fun Facts!" Kidzworld. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
"Shark Guardian - 100 Awesome Shark Facts." SHARK & MARINE CONSERVATION WORLDWIDE. Web. 20 Apr. 2017.
"Shark Information." Shark Facts and Information. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.