Reporting for Semester 1
The current pandemic and time students spent learning at home has impacted on our normal processes for assessment and reporting. Now that students are back at school teachers are working hard to assess their learning primarily to guide the planning of learning programs and also to inform the Semester 1 reports that we are currently writing. Due to the pandemic disruption, we will not be sending home the full report that is normally provided at the end of Semester 1. In line with Department of Education guidelines we will provide a report that gives you an overview of your child’s learning. It will include an overview of progress in literacy and numeracy, attitude to learning and a brief teacher comment. There will be an opportunity for you to meet with your child’s class teacher next term for the Student-Led Conferences.
Anzac Park is a proud uniform wearing school. A couple of reminders regarding our uniform:
- Please ensure your child is wearing Anzac Park uniform items and not alternate jumpers and hats.
- Black shoes are an important part of our uniform every day unless your child is wearing sports uniform.
- We have a ‘no hat, no play’ policy and require every child to wear a school hat when outside. This includes before and after school. Beanies are not part of the school uniform.
We appreciate the support of all families in adhering to these uniform guidelines. As the weather starts to become colder, we are increasingly dealing with the challenge of tracking down jumpers and jackets when they are taken off at school. It is very frustrating when expensive clothing is lost or we are unable to return jackets to the owners as they do not have names on them.
Let’s work together as a whole school to do the following:
- Label every piece of your child’s school uniform clearly with their name – especially hats and jackets.
- Remind your child about the importance of putting their clothing in their bag if they take it off.
- If your child comes home with an item of clothing which does not belong to them, please return it to school with a note so that it can be returned to its rightful owner.
On Thursday 4 June you should have received a text from Anzac Park PS. The SMS was sent to both primary contacts. If you did not receive a text from the school on Thursday 4 June, please email the school so that your mobile phone details can be checked.
Do you have a child who turns five years of age before 31 July 2021 and will be ready to start school? We encourage all families with children starting school next year to contact the office as soon as possible to complete the enrolment paperwork. Please also spread the word to other local families interested in enrolling at our school that now is the time to work through this process.
Now is the time to complete an Application for Enrolment form. You can do this by doing one of the following:
- Picking up an application form from the admin team at the front of the school each morning.
- Emailing the school to request a form.
- Downloading an Application to Enrol form from the school website.
Our 2021 Kindergarten orientation dates have been set and are on our website. We have currently had to put the scheduled school tours and family interviews on hold due to the COVID 19 situation but hope to resume these important components of our transition to school program as soon as possible. We will keep everyone updated on this. In the meantime, we would like to finalise all of our enrolment documentation as soon as possible.
Congratulations to our Silver & Gold Award Recipients!
Silver Awards are presented to students when they have received 3 Bronze Awards. Make sure you keep your child’s Bronze Awards safe and when they have collected 3, bring them into the office. Gold awards are presented to students when they have received 3 Silver Awards.
The canteen is now operating nearly at full capacity. All meals are available & daily specials will start back on the 22nd June. All orders are still online orders only and we will update when we are taking over the counter sales. Good news is the popular pizza special will be returning this Thursday. The school canteen operates 5 days a week for recess and lunch orders. Orders are placed through our online supplier My School Connect. Cut off time is 8.30am each morning.