News from the office of Teaching and Learning ...
As you think about next year and the possibilities to empower students, check out this book, The Innovator's Mindset. Take it to the beach, the mountains, or out of the country. Let’s keep our students’ natural curiosity and creativity alive!
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Summer Opportunities: Professional Development
This summer fill your teaching toolbox with strategies that will help students maximize their reading and writing skills. Click here to access links to register for the following sessions:
- Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling (LETRS) on how the brain learns to read (K-12)
- An overview of the Jane Schaffer approach to writing (3-9)
- Six Syllable Types to assist students with decoding and spelling (K-12)
- Vocabulary Surge (3-6) to teach the three levels of vocabulary – Anglo-Saxon, Latin, and Greek word parts
By clicking the link above, you will find opportunities for Instructional Technology, math, science, and arts professional development sessions, as well.
Director of Academic Services & Assessment
A Successful Year of Creative Inquiry!
Thank you to all the students, parents, and teachers who helped make our first full year of Creative Inquiry a success!
We had a great turn out at the Gifted Parent Night for prospective students. If you were unable to attend and would like to learn more about the Creative Inquiry Class please visit the Creative Inquiry website Click here.
For more information on Gifted Assessments Click here.
Creative Inquiry Class Highlights
Leah Moran, Creative Inquiry Teacher
- For gifted students in grades 3rd-7th.
- Provides an opportunity for gifted students to interact in a project-based learning environment.
- The curriculum will be based on grade level standards with one project and theme per quarter.
- Classes are held a half day, one day per week, with students in the same grade.
- Classes are held at Sonoran Trails Middle School.
- Transportation is provided to and from your home school.
We look forward to seeing everyone next year!
Director of Education Community Services
Thank you for supporting the 2017/2018 ECS Programs!
We had 120 enrolled in our five preschool classrooms; 736 students in our Kid’s Club Before and After School Care Programs; 1,478 enrolled in Enrichment Classes; 152 enrolled in 2017 Summer Camps; 1,695 enrolled in 2017 Summer Enrichment Programs; and 87 parents attended Prevention Forums during the school year.
Please visit www.ecsforall.org for the 2018 Summer Program opportunities that are available from May through July 2018 for students and community members.
2018-2019 Preschool Programs
Black Mountain Elementary – Child’s Play Preschool
NEW -> Desert Sun Academy - Global Beginnings Preschool
Desert Willow Elementary - Spanish Immersion Preschool
Horseshoe Trails Elementary – Preschool
NEW -> Lone Mountain Elementary – STEM Preschool
Director of Instructional Technology
Do you need Professional Growth hours OR some extra cash?
Google Certification Level 1 and Level 2 are being offered from Summer 2018 through May 2019, and you can do this PD at your own pace.
Summer Instructional Technology Professional Development
Click here for some great Instructional Technology and Personalized Learning PD being offered June 6, 2018 and June 7, 2018
World Language Coordinator
We are finishing the year with many multi-lingual celebrations!