Happening This Week
Information & Announcements
Dude Be Nice Project
BHS Key Club is having their annual "Dude. Be Nice." project/fundraiser. Please help us help someone else! All of the money raised will be used to give back to someone in our district who has given kindness to others!
If you would like to order a shirt, print and fill out this order form and turn it in to one of the building contacts listed below by March 18th:
- Early Childhood: Jennifer Curtis
- Pre-K/Elementary: Jaymie McAfee
- Middle School: Abbie Light
- Junior High: Paula Moore
- High School: Heather Burks
Sign Up Now for Upcoming Children's Theatre Workshop!
BHS Theatre will be providing a Children's Theatre Workshop for students in Kindergarten through 4th Grade! See below for more information.
Cheer and Dance Tryouts Coming Soon!
Calizones for Kids to Continue
Simple Simon's Pizza will be continuing their Calizones for Kids initiative through the end of the school year! Go get a specialty calizone to support this worthy cause!
First Grade Field Trip
Spread the Word to End the Word
March is National Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities Awareness Month. Wednesday, March 4 was "Spread the Word to End the Word" Day. BHS students participated by wearing their Inclusion t-shirts & signing a pledge to spread inclusion & end the hurtful use of the "R" word!
Rector Named PLTW Finalist
Congratulations to Coach Tate Rector for being named a National Finalist for Project Lead The Way Teacher of the Year! Way to go!
Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 school year was held at Beebe Early Childhood on Thursday, March 5. It was wonderful to meet all of our future Badgers, and we look forward to seeing them next year!
Beebe FFA is in the middle of judging season, and they competed in 3 contests last week. Both the Electricity and the Horse Judging teams came away with two 1st Place finishes. The Poultry Team also earned a 1st Place win on Friday. See below for their full results.
- Mountain Home -
- Electricity: Team - 1st Place, Alex Holland - 1st Place Individual
- Ag Mechanics: Team - 9th Place, Jon Carpenter - 7th Place Individual
- Farm Business Management: Team - 3rd Place, Ashton Bailey - 6th Place Individual
- Forestry: Team - 6th Place, Lane Smith - 10th Place Individual
- Vet Science: Team - 9th Place
- Logan County -
- Electricity: Team - 1st Place, Alex Holland - 1st Place Individual, Preston Vance - 7th Place Individual, Jordan Webster - 9th Place Individual
- Farm Business Management: Team - 6th Place, Harley Walls - 9th Place Individual
- Forestry: Team - 3rd Place, Lane Smith - 2nd Place Individual, Hunter Abbott - 4th Place Individual
- Horse Judging: Team - 1st Place, Halle Cox & Macy Gillette - Tie for 1st Place Individual
- Livestock Judging: Team - 4th Place, Riley Ceal - 8th Place Individual
- Centerpoint Battle Royale -
- Ag Mechanics: Jon Carpenter - 1st Place Individual
- Electricity: Team - 2nd Place, Alex Holland - 2nd Place Individual, Preston Vance - 8th Place Individual
- Horse Judging: Team - 1st Place, Macy Gillette - 1st Place Individual, Abigail Smith - 9th Place Individual
- Forestry: Team - 10th Place
- Livestock Judging: Team - 5th Place, Shayde Harris - 7th Place Individual
- Poultry: Team - 1st Place, Easton McEuen - 3rd Place Individual, Michelle Sowell - 9th Place Individual
- Vet Science: Team - 3rd Place, Jordan Loyd - 2nd Place Individual
Great job to these teams and individuals!
Read Across America Week
Last week was Read Across America Week, and Beebe Early Childhood celebrated with fun dress up days and activities!
Green Eggs and PJs
Middle School students also celebrated Read Across America Week and Dr. Seuss's birthday by reading "The Sneetches", having cupcakes, and coloring.
Student Athlete Readers
The Badger Football and Baseball programs visited Early Childhood and Elementary classrooms last week to read to students - a rewarding experience for both the younger students and the older student athletes. We are so happy to see a love for reading being promoted throughout our district!
Elementary Students of the Month
Congratulations to the Beebe Elementary February Students of the Month. Their focus word last month was "Friendliness."
- 2nd Grade:
- Ali Ingle
- Paxton Porter
- Layla Johnson
- Tucker Martens
- Emerson Orman
- Katherine Richards
- Warren Ward
- Macie Bregard
- Olivia Cross
- Landen Gunter
- Aiden Renuard
- 3rd Grade:
- Toryn Ford
- Mackenzie Norris
- Briley Messenger
- Jaden Middleton
- Holden Whitley
- Wyatt Claxton
- Hayden Holt
- Gracie Holland
- Brody Rector
- Landree Paul
- 4th Grade:
- Alex Jones
- Saige Lopez
- Jordyn Rhine
- Ana Santes
- Jonathan Mote
- Paisley Marsh
- Alyssa Malin
- Ella Garland
- Niemah Thomas
- Josiah Martinez
Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Project
Check out the video below for a look into Beebe Jr. High Engineering's 2020 Samsung Solve for Tomorrow project!
Read about last week's Student and Employee Spotlights below!
Baseball & Softball
Badger Baseball opened up last week with wins over Wynne (2-0) and Walnut Ridge (8-3). They then competed in the PBR Tournament on Friday and Saturday, where they fell to Jonesboro (16-5) and DeWitt (8-7) in extra innings. This took the Badgers to 3-2 on the season. They will look to get back in the win column on Tuesday, March 10 in their home opener vs. Hazen!
Lady Badger Softball started their season with a bang at home vs. Lonoke on Thursday, March 5, where Varsity won 16-2, and JV earned a 15-0 victory! Varsity softball went on to compete in the Sylvan Hills Taylor Roark Memorial Tournament on Saturday, March 7. They started the day with an 8-0 victory over Baptist Prep then defeated Glen Rose 10-2. This sent them to the Championship Game vs. Sylvan Hills, where they earned a dominant 17-1 victory. Congratulations to the Lady Badgers for being the Taylor Roark Memorial Tournament 2020 Champions! The wins moved them to 4-0 on the season! They will take on Bryant next at home on Tuesday, March 10.
Badger Soccer opened their season last weekend in the Paragould Tournament. On Friday, they took a tough loss to Marion in a shootout after it was tied 1-1 at the end of regulation. They fought back in Saturday's games though, and came away with a 3-1 victory over Buffalo Island Central followed by a shootout win after ending regulation in a 1-1 tie! Their next game will be Tuesday, March 10 at home vs. Lonoke.
Lady Badgers Soccer opened their season with a 3-0 win over St. Joseph on Friday, March 6 in the Vilonia Tournament! They came home with a 4th Place finish in the tournament after two more hard fought games vs. North Little Rock (L: 4-1) and Lake Hamilton (L: 3-2). They will play two home games this week: Tuesday, March 10 vs. Lonoke and Thursday, March 12 vs. Maumelle Charter. Be sure to come out and support your Badger and Lady Badger soccer teams!
Our Jr. High and Sr. High Track teams had successful outings at the Harding meets last week!
The Jr. High Boys team finished as Runners Up on Tuesday, March 3. Click here for full results from the meet.
The Sr. Boys Track team are the 2020 Harding Bison Relays Team Champions! And the Lady Badger Sr. Track team finished 4th! Click here for full results from their meet.