A Word From Our President
As 2016 comes to an end, I want to wish each and every one of you happy holidays and a happy new year. This past year has been a game-changer for Venturing. It’s been a year of innovation and new ideas as our VOA officers, volunteers, and professionals have worked together to implement a new perspective in the way Venturing is delivered and experienced across the nation.
Throughout this year and the following five months, my goal has been to improve communication surrounding Venturing related updates and hear your perspectives on how the program can be most effective.
We’ve had some incredible accomplishments over the past few months, including:
- Region VOA orientations in all four regions
- New, optional guidelines for Area VOAs
- A brand new training course for VOA officers at Philmont: BLAST
- A Philmont course aimed to grow Venturing at the crew and council levels
- Our first national Venturing event at a high-adventure base: Venturingfest
- The #VenturingToServe service initiative in the SR
- A program initiative study to understand Venturing events in the NER
- The compilation and creation of a Venturing resource database in the CR
- A social media based service challenge in the WR
Venturing BLAST at the Philmont Training Center
However, the most important accomplishments have been the pictures, memories, and laughs you have all shared through the Venturing program this past year. I want to thank you for all you did this past year to make Venturing a better program.
We’ve loved seeing all the amazing adventures you’ve been posting about and the memories you’ve been sharing. Take advantage of the beginning of the year to set your Venturing resolutions and goals for the year! Maybe you want to recruit new members for your Crew, start a Council VOA or begin attending your local VOA’s meetings, attend one of the BSA’s four national high adventure bases, plan a new crew activity in the summer, or (hint) begin making plans to attend Venturingfest 2018 next July! Venturing gives you an incredible number of opportunities — it’s up to you to take advantage of them!
Once again, thank you for your service to Venturing. Please reach out to me at any time if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback - we are truly here to serve you and strengthen the experience we all have in Venturing.
Yours in Venturing,