The OUSD Board of Education is engaged in important policy development. Please See Below.
It is Site Planning Season!
We are tracking schools to be certain they are on track to complete all retried steps for 100% Board Approval by end of June.
Not all schools are on track!
This requires central supports! Please consider if you have a role in ensuring schools complete high quality site plans and meet deadlines along the way.
One of the most powerful methods of school improvement is Teacher Inquiry.
This is where teachers engage in reflection & study of their teaching effectiveness. Schools from across Oakland & the East Bay will share their Teacher Inquiry at Mills College on March 23, 2017 from 5-8pm.
Please Join Them and Learn!
KEY EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Network PD Session w/ CSI
- Executive Cabinet
- CSI Budget Planning
- Supt 1:1
- Facilities Master Plan Executive Committee
- Special Ed Collaborative Call - Pledge
- CSI/ OCE / Elevation Meeting (Sankofa + others)
- SQR Debrief Call
- Superintendent Forum
- SIG Director Position Inquiry Call
- Intensive Pathway KPI Check-in
- CSI Team Work Plan Check-in
- CSI Team 1:1's
- CSI / Engagement Team: MLK/ West Oakland Planning
- Principals Performance Based Interviews
- School Portfolio Planning Call
- ERS Weekly Cohort Meeting
- Panasonic Foundation Check-in
- CSI Team 1:1's
- Enrollment / CSI Check-in
- Board Meeting Agenda: Prop 39 Westlake/ Feeder Patterns AGENDA
- Chabot Science Center Call
- CSI 1:1's
- Assessment Calendar 2017-18 Planning
- Facilities 2017-18 Planning Meeting
- Oakland Sol / Roosevelt Launch Event
- Mills Teacher Inquiry Event @ Mills
- Cabinet: School Focused
- SSD: KPI Session (March)
- School Portfolio Planning Session
- Pledge Performance Working Group
Executive Cabinet begins weekly data dive into District KPI's at the start of each meeting.
District KPI's are provided by RAD through the Weekly Engagement Report (Click for week of March 17)
Contact Juan Du with any questions about this data set.
Keep this hit record on the air... contact CSI to receive Department training on how to read and use the SPF and KPI's.
KPI's - Key Performance Indicators
FOCUS: Student Voice
KPI Survey - PLEASE TAKE IT!!!
CSI - WHAT DO WE DO?
Office of Continuous School Improvement
Helps schools and our district become the "Best at Getting Better"
- Measuring & reporting school performance annually & throughout the year using SPF and KPI's (district & charter)
- Designing & implementing tools for data-driven Cycles of Inquiry, strategic school site planning, progress monitoring of programs, analysis and reporting of what's working & not working, and sharing effective practices
- Identifying schools for Intensive supports or eligibility for Innovation; & coordinating access & implementation of those supports and services
- Facilitating decision-making and implementation of new schools, grade configuration expansions, & charter reauthorizations, school mergers or consolidations, and school closures
- Facilitating team responsible for ensuring annual allocation of facilities for new and/or growing schools, changing programs, and charter school requests
We remain lean by collaborating across the district to ensure that Quality is Everyone's Responsibility
Please Contact David Montes de Oca with Immediate Questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUSD Selects its Values!
Students First - Equity - Excellence - Integrity - Cultural Responsiveness - Joy