ROASTED RED PEPPER COULIS
BY: THE CANADIAN LIVING TEST KITCHEN
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
METHOD - In blender, combine red peppers, olive oil, vinegar, salt ; and cayenne pepper; process until smooth. Press through fine sieve.
Matzo Fruit Cobbler
Recipe courtesy of Ina Pinkney
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher for Passover vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup matzo meal
- 2 tablespoon potato starch
- 6 to 8 cups peeled and sliced fruit, like apples, pears, and strawberries
- 1/8 cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 by 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat eggs with sugar until well blended. Add the oil, matzo meal, potato starch, salt and blend well.
- Put all the fruit in the pan and sprinkle with most of the cinnamon sugar, reserving a little for the top. Spoon the batter over the fruit, covering as much of the fruit as you can. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake until the topping is set and just turning tan, about 45 minutes. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.