A successful Marketing Coordinator at Pitchly needs to have an entrepreneurial spirit with an eye for innovation. You’ll be given the opportunity to collaborate and grow your skills as a marketer with a young software company, allowing for both personal and professional growth. Possessing a pride of ownership in developing your own material is key in working in the startup world. You must be willing to try new things and adapt each day to present high quality material to both prospects and customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
A Marketing Coordinator’s primary role will be to create beautifully designed material that drives growth for our software, Pitchly. You will work directly with the Marketing Operations Manager to put together email sequences, website pages, landing pages, social posts, illustrations, and video. You will also be helping put together community events to promote awareness to the Pitchly brand.
Ryan Gerhardy and Michael Brook originally created Pitchly for professional service firms to create mass amounts of documents using past experience (aka tombstones). Ryan had been doing similar work, and he recognized the need for a better solution. It was a tedious job that required hours out of his day to complete his work at Grant Thornton. After he relocated to Iowa to be near his wife in 2013, and while he was working full-time at Next Level Ventures, he enlisted the help of Michael Brook who had a proven track record of building a successful data management software called Songtwist. Evening and weekend hours were spent creating what we now know as Pitchly.
Pitchly is an easy to use intuitively designed database that houses records to use in the creation of marketing material. Although, it was created with a specific purpose in mind (to create tombstones), it has since broadened its use case to include a larger customer base. Currently, Pitchly is being used to store MLS records for real estate companies, financial records for accounting firms, client data for local small businesses, and M&A matters for use within a law firm’s tombstone creation.
Taking what we’ve learned these past few years we will be building on our current platform, using Pitchly as the building blocks for a much more diverse and well-rounded product. By 2020 our vision will have expanded. We will be releasing a new brand, new website, more functionality, new look, and a broader target market. This will include adding several new products to increase the value for our current customers. Fulfilling our vision will allow us to fill a large need in the market. We’ll be creating living documents with 100% accuracy at 3x the preparation speed by streaming data directly into content.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
- Support and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email, search engine, SEO, website management, article/advertisement placement, direct marketing, event planning, etc.)
- Develop and implement creative marketing campaigns and project plans
- Creating marketing materials for our website and other marketing platforms
- Develop sales presentations and other sales materials as needed
- Heavy involvement in conferences, exhibitions and user group planning and execution
- Attending company networking/recruiting events
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- A friendly, outgoing personality with a strong passion for technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Must be a solid writer
- An independent work style with good time management skills
- Previous experience managing successful social media campaigns
- Thorough knowledge of social media ads and paid spend
- An ability to quickly grasp and distill concepts and interactions into written content and visuals
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and HubSpot
- Comfortable with networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Leveraging digital technology and social media to identify prospects and source leads
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy
- Confident and upbeat personality
In addition to the requirements listed above, the following skills or experience is needed to successfully perform the job.
- Ability to set up, track, and analyze marketing campaigns and online activities
- ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is -or isn’t—working
- Skilled at writing articles and promotional materials
- Proven strong administration and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to establish and cultivate various social media and website venues
- Strong creative vision
- Strong project management skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe product suite
- Advanced proficiency in WordPress
- 3+ years of marketing experience (technology marketing background preferred)
- Experience in a SaaS or highly technical software industry
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot and Google Analytics
- Event and trade show experience is a plus
PERKS OF WORKING AT PITCHLY:
- We believe smart people can learn anything - we invest heavily in training team members
- Be part of the “Pitchly mafia” as a highly trained and sought-after SaaS professional
- Entrepreneurial environment with casual dress and lots of fun
- Competitive compensation with bonus, commission, and stock options for a proven performer
- Healthcare, dental, vision and other benefits available
- Group Excursions
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Leave
- Unlimited Coffee and Office Snacks
Salary Depending On Experience
If you have a portfolio please send as an attachment or a link