- Elmers Glue
- Popsicle sticks
- Paper clips
- Water bottles
- Take 7 sticks and set them end to end
- Next take the glue and put a line of glue on top of the line of sticks
- Now take six sticks and set them on top of the first line of sticks to where the middle of the new sticks is lined up with the gaps of the first line of sticks
- Then for the third and final layer take seven sticks and do the same thing as you did for the bottom layer so that you're leaving a space between the top and bottom layers at the ends of the line
- Paper clip the line of sticks so that they stay together
- That line should look like it's split up into different sections because of the gaps. Now make one section. You should be using only 3 sticks. Stack them on top of each other, but have the middle stick stick out so that you can place it in the middle of the space at between the top and bottom layer of the bottom line of sticks on the left.
- Once you paper clip that, slide the middle stick into the space between the top and bottom layers, then glue and paper clip it. Make sure it is in vertically straight.
- Now make another section and and glue it to the little section you just made. Make sure that it is slanted as shown in the picture.
- Paper clip the slanted line
- Next, do what you did for the bottom line for the top line except there should only be 5 sections.
- Paper clip that top line
- Connect the top line to the slanted line of sticks
- Then do what you did for the slanted line and vertical line on the left side and do it for the right side and paper clip it
- Finally, put paper clips on parts of the line of sticks to hold it together overnight until it dries
- Start on the left side of the bottom line of sticks as it shows in the picture by taking 2 sticks and glueing them together laterally in which an end of each stick is at the middle of each stick. It should be slanted right to start the upside down V. One end should be touching the left end of the bottom and the other end should be touching the middle of the slanted line of sticks shown in the picture
- Next you do the same thing except going down from the middle of the slanted line of sticks to the middle of the next section of three sticks shown in the picture
- Do step 1 and 2 across that side of the bridge. You're should end up with a right side up V and you should have 10 upside down/right side up V's (If you didn't end with a right side up V then you most likely spaced the V's too far apart or too close)
- Now take 2 sticks and laterally glue them together like you did in step 1 except they should be vertical in the middle of each upside down or right side up V and continue that pattern across. You should have 9 vertical sets of sticks
- Last, put paper clips on parts of the V's and verticals where the sticks connect in the middle. NOT where it connects to the top and bottom lines of sticks.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for the other side of the bridge
- First, get 2 water bottles and stand them up
- Next take the two sides of the bridge and rubber band them together with the 2 water bottles in between them so that there's space between the 2 sides
- Now line up sticks on top of the bridge so that each end of the stick is touching a side and spread them out so that u can put in the X's as shown in the picture above (Make sure that you aren't paper clipping for this part of the bridge because you can't or else it will break
- For the X's, take one stick and slant it so that each end is touching an end of the vertical sticks
- Do the same for the other stick of the X. For reference, look at the picture
- Do steps 1 through 5 around the space between the two sides to connect those sides
- Finally, let it dry over night
Congrats!!! You have made your bridge