If you have ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you’ve experienced the aromatic qualities of Essential Oils. These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. They give plants their distinctive smells and Essential Oils protect plants and play a role in plant pollination. In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and being beautifully fragrant to people, Essential Oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health care practices.
• Naturally occurring volatile aromatic compounds
• Found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants
• Protect plants against environmental threats and provide beneficial properties
• Highly concentrated when distilled for purity, potency, and efficacy
• Used historically for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices
Essential Oils have been used for thousands of years. When you choose doTERRA oils, you are choosing Essential Oils gently and carefully distilled from plants that have been patiently harvested at the perfect moment by experienced growers from around the world for ideal extract composition and efficacy.
Experienced Essential Oil users will immediately recognize the superior quality standard for naturally safe, purely effective Essential Oils. Learn more about sourcing here.
• Provide health–conscious individuals with a safe and natural alternative.
• Used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications.
• Have few, if any, undesirable side effects when used as directed.
• One drop is all that is needed to achieve a powerful benefit.
CERTIFIED PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE
Our company has also perfectly melded modern advances and testing procedures to ensure the purity and efficacy of each Essential Oil. Every Essential Oil is put through the highest standard of rigorous and thorough testing. This testing protocol sets the bar for quality, purity, efficacy, and consistency.
When an Essential Oil is deemed worthy to be sold as one of our Essential Oils, you’ll know that it has the highest quantity of active, beneficial constituents and that it is free of contaminants and adulterations. Because we know that the same care and attention—as well as the same commitment—to only provide the very best is not unique to us; they’re the same qualities you employ when taking care of those you love the most.
One of the most well-studied areas of aroma research is the effect of smell on EMOTIONS and MOOD. For example, there is convincing evidence demonstrating that simply inhaling the AROMA of an ESSENTIAL OIL is effective for calming nervous or anxious feelings in a variety of settings. The SMELL receptors located on the upper surface of the nasal cavity make direct links with the limbic system of the brain, an area that governs the body’s EMOTIONAL responses.
This close connection between AROMA and EMOTION becomes obvious in our everyday life as certain odors trigger MEMORIES or specific FEELINGS. Some AROMAS directly impact MOOD (for example calming, balancing, or invigorating), while others trigger memories of a specific experience, often one tied to a strong EMOTION.
In addition to influencing the limbic region of the BRAIN, olfactory centers are also intricately linked with the hypothalamus, an area of the BRAIN more familiarly nicknamed the “visceral control center” because it controls physiologic functions throughout the body. The hypothalamus exerts its POWERFUL influence by interacting directly with the pituitary gland, or “master gland,” a small gland located in the BRAIN.
The pituitary gland secretes hormones involved in the regulation of BLOOD PRESSURE, HUNGER and THIRST signals, THYROID function, SLEEP cycles, production of sexual HORMONES, and MEMORY, among other things. Because of the direct link of the olfactory system to this area of the brain, AROMA is capable of interacting directly with the hypothalamus, influencing neurochemistry throughout the body, and, in turn, potentiating POWERFUL health outcomes.
There are many acceptable ways to use Essential Oils for their AROMATIC properties. One method is to DIFFUSE the oil into the air. Not only does diffusion make the oil accessible to the body, but research indicates that there are also AIR PURIFICATION benefits when diffusing oils. When diffusing oils, use of cold mist is best because burning or heating Essential Oils can ALTER their delicate chemistry. If a diffuser is not available, simply DROPPING Essential Oils into the palm of the hand and then cupping around the nose and breathing deeply is a CONVENIENT METHOD for using Essential Oils at ANY time, in ANY situation.
Essential Oils are great for EVERYDAY USE. You can experience the many benefits of Essential Oils by using them to support overall health.
Here are the three ways to use them:
• Essential Oils, when diffused or inhaled, can be very stimulating, calming, or soothing. Diffusing Essential Oils can also cleanse and purify the air.
• Essential Oils can be safely applied for massage or topical therapy.
• Their chemical structure enables them to pass through skin for an immediate systemic response.
THIRTY SECONDS to get into your bloodstream – THIRTY MINUTES to get through your entire body.
• Certain Essential Oils have a rich culinary history and can be used as dietary supplements for targeted wellness.
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad of therapeutic benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for mummification, bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume; its ability to calm and soothe the mind and body continue to be Lavender’s most notable qualities. Inhaling Lavender promotes relaxation and a restful night’s sleep, making it an ideal oil to diffuse at bedtime and when stress levels are high. Due to its versatility and soothing properties, Lavender is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
• Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
• Soothes occasional skin irritations.
• Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
• Helps to ease feelings of tension in the back, neck, head and other muscles.
• Take internally or inhale to reduce anxious feelings.
• Take internally or inhale for a peaceful sleep.
• Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
• Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
• Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
• Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts
As one of the top-selling Essential Oils, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, it provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability.
• Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces.
• Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
• Supports healthy respiratory function.
• Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
• Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
• Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces.
• Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
• Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
• Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
• Put on rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces.
• Diffuse to cleanse and purify the air. Reduces pollen, airborne pathogens, toxins and other environmental threats.
• Use on sticky surfaces such as gum, tree sap, or sticker residue to remove it.
• Wash hands with Lemon oil to remove grease after changing your oil.
As one of the MOST POPULAR blends, it protects against environmental and seasonal threats with Essential Oils known for their positive effects on the immune system. ONGUARD can be taken internally on a daily basis to maintain healthy immune function as well as used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaner. This blend has Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Leaf/Stem, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower Essential Oils.
• An effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support.
• Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses.
• Supports healthy immune function.
• Protects against environmental threats.
• Supports healthy respiratory function.
• Diffuse for cleansing the air.
• Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost.
• Rub on bottom of kid’s feet during school season.
• Diffuse in home before company arrives to help cleanse the air and add a spicy and sweet aroma.
• Diffuse in class setting for an uplifting scent.
• Diffuse in your home or office during fall and winter months.
• Add to water for an effect all-purpose cleaner for surfaces.
• Gargle with a few drops as a healthy mouth rinse or for an irritated throat.
• Soak sliced apples in water and a few drops for a healthy, immune-boosting snack.
• Combine a few drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser.
DigestZen is well known for its ability to aid in digestion, soothe occasional stomach upset, and maintain overall digestive health when taken internally.* This unique blend contains Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease occasional stomach discomfort, including motion sickness and indigestion, while Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract. DigestZen is great to have on hand when stomach upset occurs and is safe and effective. Internal use of DigestZen is a healthy, natural, and gentle way to soothe an upset stomach or maintain a healthy digestive system.
Supports healthy digestion when used internally
Consume to soothe occasional stomach upset
Take orally to help reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion
Add a few drops to water to take internally.
Rub on the stomach before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
Take DigestZen internally when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.
Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
The peppermint plant is actually a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linnaeus in 1753. A high menthol content — like that found in this Peppermint Essential Oil — distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health, Peppermint also helps to alleviate stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function. ONE DROP of our Peppermint Oil is EQUAL to 28 CUPS of Peppermint Tea.
• Promotes digestive health.
• Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
• Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
• Commonly found in oral health products.
• Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
• Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
• Blends well with Lavender for a soothing massage blend.
• Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
• Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
• Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
• Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate stomach upset.
• Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
• Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me up on long drives.
• Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
• Repels bugs naturally.
• Spritz around windows and doors.
• Diffuse during study-time.
BREATHE BLEND supports healthy respiratory function when seasonal threats are high and can be used safely by ALL members of the family to soothe airways and promote clear breathing. This proprietary blend consists of Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Ravensara, and Cardamom Essential Oils, all known for their positive effects on the respiratory system. Enhanced with the powerful respiratory benefits of Cardamom, this is a remarkable blend of Essential Oils that combine to help you breathe easier. It can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses and promote sleep.
• Maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
• Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
• Diffuse or inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest when environmental threats are high.
• Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal changes.
• Diffuse at bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep.
• When loud noises are keeping you up at night, diffuse for a calming effect that promotes a restful night’s sleep.
More commonly known as “Tea Tree”, Melaleuca Essential Oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to promote a clear, healthy complexion. Taken internally, Melaleuca enhances immunity when seasonal threats are high, and it can be used on surfaces throughout the home to protect against environmental threats. Melaleuca is frequently used on minor skin irritations to soothe the skin and help it recover quickly. Diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
• For occasional skin irritations, apply one to two drops of Melaleuca Essential Oil onto affected area.
• Add one to two drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.
• Combine one to two drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties.
• Apply to skin after shaving.
• Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
• Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
• Create your own aftershave with Melaleuca and Cedarwood.
• Apply to the bottom of feet and inside shoes for a refresher
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful Essential Oils and has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties. The primary chemical components of Oregano are carvacrol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess purifying and antioxidant properties. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, it should be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin.
Oregano Essential Oil contains phenols—powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals. One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano should be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further boost immunity. In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano supports healthy digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices. When diffused, Oregano acts as an enhancer and equalizer in Essential Oil blends and can help maintain healthy respiratory function.
• Put two to three drops in veggie capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system.*
• Add 10 drops to a spray bottle full of water for a last-minute counter spray.
• Add one drop in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to your favorite Italian dishes
DEEP BLUE is a soothing solution for sore muscles and joints. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, Helichrysum, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and relax muscles and ease achy joints. Its effects are deep and penetrating with sustained results. Once gently rubbed into the area of discomfort, it’s cool therapeutic benefit will be felt almost immediately.
• Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
• Perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of housework.
• Apply to hands and feet after gardening.
• Connect with Grandma by giving her a hand massage.
• Rub on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
• Massage with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
• After long hours on the computer, try rubbing on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck.
• A few drops of DEEP BLUE diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil can be a part of a cooling and comforting massage after a workout.
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious Essential Oils, Frankincense has extraordinary internal and external health benefits. In addition to its fame as a kingly gift in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Frankincense is known to promote cellular health and immunity and can be consumed daily for these internal benefits. It also promotes a healthy inflammatory response and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems, helping them function optimally. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
• Diffuse during your yoga practice to focus your intention for the day. • Diffuse or apply to the spine and brain stem to support healthy function of the nervous system.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function and DNA integrity.
• Add to moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and skin imperfections and to rejuvenate the skin.
• When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
• Apply to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
• After a day of outdoor activity, massage frankincense into hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
I want to help you find the oils best for your needs, so don't feel like you are on your own now. I would love to have you join our online Community for daily interactive support and education. To schedule a time to go over your health concerns and find the right oil to support you moving forward email me below.
To grab this kit we just went over, called the Healthy Start Kit, click the button to get started.